Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 12:26 PM

Re: Dollyposh

both hubby and myself are left handed and also our oldest child
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 12:49 PM

Oh my goodness that's quite an impressive list! I've always loved being left handed as its a bit different! Apparently when I was born I had something wrong with my left hand and couldn't move it very well and the doctors told me mum to keep making me do things with my left hand which is why I am left handed
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I had two friends who were left-handed and they wrote in the same way a right-handed person would, with their wrists below the pen - if I'm making sense.

But, one of the lads at work who was left-handed, wrote with his wrist above the pen - sort of upside down - and that fascinated me, as he wrote from the bottom up and yet his writing was perfect.

I was always more comfortable in Needlework at school using my left hand, because my right hand got in the way. Can't explain that, but it just was.
one of the cashiers in our bank writes like that I can't see how she does it, but a boy next to me at school(long time ago) used to turn his book sideways and write and it always sloped backhand. I sloped the opposite way cos his elbow was in my way till the teacher thought to make us swap sides then we both kept our books straight but the writing still sloped.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Yes that's right Hazel, a commonsense thing like swopping places makes a lot of difference. No more elbow knocking. They do teach left-handed children to turn their book sideways a little and this helps them to see what they're are writing. Also keeps their hand off their writing, preventing smudging their work. I bought my lot a L-H pencil sharpener, pen and scisssors each. I won't buy them all the other gadgets, they cope quite well without them. One school refuses to help and gives out spelling tests to learn with the words written down the L-H side of the page, she is told to copy them three times alongside each word. Well, she can't see that word because her hand is over it! Grrrr! Whereas the other school write them on the R-H side.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 02:00 PM

never herd of that saying before

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top