Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 09:14 AM

Re: Police helicopter

We have a small airport a couple of miles or so down the road, run by Airbus. We frequently have the 'Beluga' (it looks like a whale) a very big plane coming over the house, now that does make a racket. It flies out aircraft wings to France.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We have had them hovering over our area too, when looking for someone, I don't see what is unnerving about that?

Yeah, alright T.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 09:34 AM

Hi

Strange but true.

The Mr Bigs, the gangleaders, the successful untouchable ones, live in nice quiet villages enjoying the fruits of their lives.

Members of the Rotary Club, supportive of Charities, to be seen in black ties in County Magazines.

Their kids go to Private Schools, absolute pillars of society.

From these rural retreats they import vast amounts of drugs and order the killings of anyone who gets in their way.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 10:06 AM

We sometimes get them flying overhead chasing cars that fly down the bypass.

I like most people once I hear them go and close and lock windows and doors. I do find them scary as I do spend a lot of time on my own.

Wish there was a way of finding out if they caught them or not.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
We sometimes get them flying overhead chasing cars that fly down the bypass.

I like most people once I hear them go and close and lock windows and doors. I do find them scary as I do spend a lot of time on my own.

Wish there was a way of finding out if they caught them or
not.

Yes, I think that is what I don't like Shirley, when they are hovering for such a long time, practically overhead, and I am on my own.
I looked on the local police website 'News' but as yet it hasn't posted anything.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 12:14 PM

I asked a Helicopter Pilot why they stayed in on place in the sky for so long, causing a nuisance, he said "it's a lot less Bother when we Hover".
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I think that is what I don't like Shirley, when they are hovering for such a long time, practically overhead, and I am on my own.
I looked on the local police website 'News' but as yet it hasn't posted anything.
I have done this on our local police site and their Facebook page and I find this rather annoying.
You would think that if a crime has been committed warranting the use of a helicopter, it would be serious enough to be reported in the local paper, but it rarely is.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 04:54 PM

Pumicestone
"Ummmmm, every now and again one of our resident kangaroos gets a bit upset when a silly tourist becomes a bit too 'familiar'.
I sat on my front deck for three hours last night, wine-glass in hand and reading - never saw or heard another person or a vehicle.
Should I miss all the drama you good folk are relating ?
Should I feel deprived ?
"

Rhian
No Pummy you really shouldn't!!!
Do you hear crickets and the call of exotic birds?!

Very rarely, Rhian. Perhaps at other times - but not in the early evenings when I tend to sit out there and "meditate".
The breeze in the trees and sometimes breaking waves if the wind is a bit stronger.
Ruined occasionally by some inconsiderate dork's mongrel dog or the odd cat-fight.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 05:09 PM

I once heard one hovering overhead in the middle of the night. So I got up, staggered over to the window still half asleep, opened the curtains and was caught full blast by it's spot light.

Scared the c*** out of me.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 05:12 PM

Some people seem to scare easily!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top