Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 04:45 PM

Re: House on market and its gone mad

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I had a great week in Norfolk last week and found a bungalow I liked
That's great news I'm so pleased that you've had 8 viewings lined up, I think at last the FFL scheme is starting to get the mortgage market going again and new buyers are starting to look around.

I have Norfolk as one of my preffered counties and I search on Rightmove from time to time, I am looking around Swaffham, Watton, and Dereham at the moment. May I ask the general area you found that bungalow Not the exact street etc. and don't worry I can't gazump you as forbidden by SWMBO from making any offers yet
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Val, were you not advised to have the dogs 'baby sat' for the viewings?
I wouldn't sell my house to anyone who didn't like dogs it will be hard enough on them not getting all the walkies they usually get
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
That's great news I'm so pleased that you've had 8 viewings lined up, I think at last the FFL scheme is starting to get the mortgage market going again and new buyers are starting to look around.

I have Norfolk as one of my preffered counties and I search on Rightmove from time to time, I am looking around Swaffham, Watton, and Dereham at the moment. May I ask the general area you found that bungalow Not the exact street etc. and don't worry I can't gazump you as forbidden by SWMBO from making any offers yet
Hi Harvey I am looking at North Walsham which is between the Broads and the coast. I have a friend who has a farm between Swaffham and Dereham. Its very nice over there but I want to be nearer to the Broads which I love.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 05:03 PM

Well done ... hope you find the right dog owning people to buy your house .... My last neighbours but the board up one day and had moved out 4 weeks later everyone was amazed how fast it happened ......
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Val, were you not advised to have the dogs 'baby sat' for the viewings?
Our friends estate agent advised to put the cat in a basket
Good luck for this evening
No it is my dogs home as well and viewers will have to put up with them whether they like it or not. Much better than fractious kids anyway and you wouldn't shut them away would you. They love everyone so I have no worries about agression etc

When we had it on the market before it was always the asians that didn't like the dogs well tough luck !
The Dog Lover
Watford

12-03-2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Well done ... hope you find the right dog owning people to buy your house .... My last neighbours but the board up one day and had moved out 4 weeks later everyone was amazed how fast it happened ......
I don't want it to move that fast as I don't retire until May so can't move until after then. In my experience it usually takes around 3 months if there are no hold ups.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 06:06 PM

Val I will buy your house if you leave the dog there, my wife wont let me have another since my beloved Jazz died last May.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

12-03-2013, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I don't want it to move that fast as I don't retire until May so can't move until after then. In my experience it usually takes around 3 months if there are no hold ups.
Yes, that's about the minimun in my experience Hope all goes well with your retirement and you get the place in North Walsham it is beautiful up there but just a bit far from my few remaining relatives. Next time I'm on Rightmove I might have a look 'tho.

By the way there's a couple on Dogsey who are also planning a move to Norfolk, that makes three of us, could we put up a sign on the border "No dog, no entry"
The Dog Lover
Watford

13-03-2013, 12:16 PM

Its sold !!

The couple who came last night made me an offer there and then and have confirmed with the agent this morning. Its close to the asking price and I am over the moon. They are first time buyers who lost a house so have all finances set up and in order ready to go. I have now put an offer in on the bungalow I want to buy and await the vendor's response but if necessary I will pay the full asking price as its a very good price for me. All looking good. The agent now have to cancel 14 viewings

Norfolk here I come
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 12:21 PM

Another thing that's different in Scotland is the time to completion. Unless both parties agree a longer period, it's usually about 4 weeks.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top