Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 12:38 PM

Re: Table Manners - or lack of them !

Asking if everything is ok when you have just taken a mouthful of food.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 12:44 PM

Serving your food with a cigarette hanging out of their mouth!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Serving your food with a cigarette hanging out of their mouth!
Eating your food whilst smoking.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 01:07 PM

...and dribbling...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This morning, l sat at my table with knife and fork held correctly and l proceeded to eat my freshly cooked breakfast. Lovely Tesco finest bacon, you know, the sort fat runs out of, not loads of cloudy water! With it, l had slices of Clonakilty black pudding, a fresh egg laid by one of my hens and proper buttered toast from the loaf l made in my bread maker yesterday.
I ate this with no radio or television on and was able to concentrate on my food and savour every delicious bite. I was really enjoying my breakfast when the bleep of a text message came through..... Bliss over!

What??? - no sausages, no baked beans, no mushrooms ???
Sacrilege!!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 02:08 PM

No haggis?
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 07:51 PM

I blame parents for not training their offspring
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 09:57 PM

I may have mentioned before that my father had impeccable table manners,he would never fart at table until he had belched.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
.... The 'at table' requirements for Muslims are far more onerous than for most of us.
For starters, one must not even sit at a table at which alcohol is being consumed.......
Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Not always true.
We have eaten with muslim friends both at home and in restaurants, not one has ever left because someone else had a glass of wine or a beer.
Many muslims drink alcohol, hypocritical, okay, but drink alcohol they certainly do.
As usual, Clumsy, you are absolutely right. Few Muslims would get up and leave.
I guess I was talking about the technical 'rules' - what is required in the Koran and the Hadiths, not what happens in practice.
As we all know here, very few Muslims are fanatics -just like Christians really.

"Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day must not sit at table at which khamr is consumed.” – Ahmad & Tirmidhi
"Khamr" of course, is anything not halal -which most certainly includes booze.

" ... Staying with them even though you are not drinking alcohol yourself is still a sin in itself, because Allaah has commanded us not to sit in places where evil is committed ... " https://islamqa.info/en/20959

Question: A Muslim enters a café and sits down at a table to drink tea, then a stranger comes at the same table to drink wine. Is it obligatory upon the Muslim to stop drinking tea and leave?
Answer: Yes, it is obligatory to move away from that table.http://www.sistani.org/english/qa/01123/
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
What??? - no sausages, no baked beans, no mushrooms ???
Sacrilege!!!
UJ, Just to let you know, l had the same breakfast this morning but with chestnut mushrooms and tomato. I don't like baked beans! I sometimes have a sausage, if there's no lips, eyelashes, ears and tail in them!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top