Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 06:49 PM

Re: How many Steps a Day?

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Can we swop then?
I'd have to come and look the place over Tiff....

I used to walk about eight miles per day when I was a postman. I took Mrs Fox's stepometer out with me for a whole week and although I was doing the same walk, the number of steps I did couldn't have been further apart each day....

GPS was solid at eight miles..Give or take 0.01 mile..
(that's one hundredth of a mile)
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'd have to come and look the place over Tiff....

I used to walk about eight miles per day when I was a postman. I took Mrs Fox's stepometer out with me for a whole week and although I was doing the same walk, the number of steps I did couldn't have been further apart each day....

GPS was solid at eight miles..Give or take 0.01 mile..
(that's one hundredth of a mile)
Don't get me wrong, I used to walk everywhere, hills did not daunt me nor distances tire me out, but as I've got older they both have. I used to cycle miles & horse ride, but age does tell in the end, even though my mind can't see it, my body can.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Don't get me wrong, I used to walk everywhere, hills did not daunt me nor distances tire me out, but as I've got older they both have. I used to cycle miles & horse ride, but age does tell in the end, even though my mind can't see it, my body can.
Tell me about it Tiff......
I was experiencing a gradual age related deterioration (despite already having had a heart attack in 2004) until I had my second heart attack in 2014. My deterioration since then has been far from just age related. Will I ever give up running.......Perhaps......But I'll never give up trying....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 11:30 PM

I think.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 11:31 PM

Love you Man.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Tell me about it Tiff......
I was experiencing a gradual age related deterioration (despite already having had a heart attack in 2004) until I had my second heart attack in 2014. My deterioration since then has been far from just age related. Will I ever give up running.......Perhaps......But I'll never give up trying....
So sorry to read you've had heart problems. I can't claim anything like that, have mostly been reasonably fit, but I am also basically lazy as well. I have never run anywhere.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-01-2021, 11:34 PM

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-01-2021, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Love you Man.
Back at you Spitty......

And one of my favourite tracks.....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 08:48 AM

oh gawd what a fit bunch you are....note to self need to walk more
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-01-2021, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
oh gawd what a fit bunch you are....note to self need to walk more
Its easy, if you've been practising since about nine months old.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top