Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:16 PM

Re: Saying what you think

I suppose you have to ask yourself why you choose a forum like this to state your honest opinion? It's basically a friendship forum for old people, I find the majority are very cliquey, reactionary and old fashioned in outlook. So why come on here? If you don't want friendship, you must realise you're not going to change their minds and convert them to your point of view, so why do it?

I freely admit it's because there are so many on here I disagree with and I enjoy the argy bargy, it's like a giant sandbox of reactionary thinking to play in, and I like hearing the different opinions, however wrong I think them. Boring to only visit forums where they think like you do. When some of them have a pop at me, I think "Oh thank God, I must be getting something right!"
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:16 PM

Think I'm out of this thread before it deteriorates further.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I suppose you have to ask yourself why you choose a forum like this to state your honest opinion? It's basically a friendship forum for old people, I find the majority are very cliquey, reactionary and old fashioned in outlook. So why come on here? If you don't want friendship, you must realise you're not going to change their minds and convert them to your point of view, so why do it?

I freely admit it's because there are so many on here I disagree with and I enjoy the argy bargy, it's like a giant sandbox of reactionary thinking to play in, and I like hearing the different opinions, however wrong I think them. Boring to only visit forums where they think like you do. When some of them have a pop at me, I think "Oh thank God, I must be getting something right!"

I am old and senile so my siblings and kids tell me!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:21 PM

I don't dislike you Tara. I think your replies are often refreshing. I believe you're an asset to this forum because you encourage more people to post!!

However - to me your seem full of your own importance. A lot of your threads are about yourself or connected with yourself, as this one is.

I like reading your posts but I can take you or leave you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:25 PM

There is nothing wrong with people saying what they think , that is the purpose of forums like this .
It helps if we all try to do it politely through and don't resort to name calling.

I can be very blunt and have learned over the years to modify what I say while still being honest so that I don't hurt someone unintentionally.

I was once asked what I thought of someone's new dress and being completely honest and without thought for the other persons feelings, said it looked like curtain material .

It wouldn't have bothered me if someone had said that about my dress I am too much of my own person to care but I upset the person concerned and I learned a valuable lesson 'think before you speak '.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't dislike you Tara. I think your replies are often refreshing. I believe you're an asset to this forum because you encourage more people to post!!

However - to me your seem full of your own importance. A lot of your threads are about yourself or connected with yourself, as this one is.

I like reading your posts but I can take you or leave you.
I don't feel important. A lot of posters on this forum talk about their lives, their illnesses, their animals etc. I can only talk about things from my own perspective, which is the only way I can see it. I have not had the experiences many to which others relate, nor have they had mine.

I get a lot of flak for not liking some of things, which others like, music for instance, I can't help the way I am and wouldn't be me if I was any different.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Think I'm out of this thread before it deteriorates further.
Aww Mups. Stick around, it's gonna be fun!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
At least he's got a sense of humour. However sledgehammer
Thanks...I think
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:46 PM

I did write something, then scrubbed it and thought, l must be out of my tree to contribute to this attention seeking thread!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I did write something, then scrubbed it and thought, l must be out of my tree to contribute to this attention seeking thread!!
It would have been an okay thread if the OP had made it a general thread for each of us to discuss if we say what we think.
But because of this OP's all too familiar knack of drawing attention to themselves, it's all about that person.
She gets what she deserves from us because of that.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top