Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 07:42 PM

Re: Household chores

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I like a sparkling clean and tidy house !
My wife and I share the housework and usually I work all morning every day preparing our daily meal, vacuum cleaning cleaning windows, general tidying etc while she washes and irons etc.
That is how we like it and are very happy to do it.
How much washing does two people make in a week..its not as if every morning is taken up with washing and ironing is it ??
Sorry but your life sounds like the "workhouse " to me
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I always turn my duvet cover inside out before putting it on from the top downwards, by which time it is the right side out again. I have been doing that for years, so much easier.
iam going to try that
tarantula....how comes its me that ends up inside it
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 07:51 PM

When I'm doing the washing up I always use mild green fairy liquid, it's so kind to hard working hands.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 07:52 PM

I'm with Art and Aysa on this one. I would much rather sit on my backside reading a book. If I know I'm expecting visitors I'll do a mad tidy up, maybe.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
How much washing does two people make in a week..its not as if every morning is taken up with washing and ironing is it ??
Sorry but your life sounds like the "workhouse " to me
Aysa, it sounds more like... Hell on earth!!

Imagine, waking up every morning and having to slog away at housework for most of the day! Why? For what? If it's for visitors, then they are visitors I don't want! They should be coming to see me, not my house!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I like a sparkling clean and tidy house !
Me too Malcolm the secret for me is doing 'a little and often' so it never gets too bad and always looks clean and tidy .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I'm with Art and Aysa on this one. I would much rather sit on my backside reading a book. If I know I'm expecting visitors I'll do a mad tidy up, maybe.
Good on you! Jazzi.
Years ago, when I would start hoovering, my children would say, 'Who's coming?'!
I didn't put importance on housework then either. My time was spent giving time and attention to my five children. I truly believe this is why they have turned out to be well balanced people with great senses of humour!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 09:13 PM

I think we may have been separated at birth
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

I think we may have been separated at birth
I think we were triplets...
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 09:33 PM

Going back to duvet covers, I only have a single bed and have no problem with the duvet cover lol

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top