Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2012, 07:35 AM

Re: What will the weekend bring I wonder...

Annie darlin' I don't know whether you are aware of this, but following on from my previous advice, if you report him to your local Council's Environmental Health Office, if he persists in annoying you, they have the power to enter his premises and confiscate anything which is causing the noise nuisance.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2012, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
We don't want to see you locked up for murder Annie. Try twisting the accordion around his neck then sit on it until he promises to be quiet. But seriously I can't stand noisy neighbours myself, especially accordion players, I thought the accordion went out with the button boots. When we were kids my Father had a friend who used to come to our house every thursday night and 'Entertain' us with his accordion playing, it was torture but we had to listen and applaud every piece, ever since then I never liked the instrument.
one of our neighbours used to come in at 1am and start playing his music. till I put War of the Worlds LP on at full volume at 6.30am, he hadn't gone to bed till 4am as usual, only had to put it on for a couple of mins when he came in at night after that and the music was switched right down. Never a bad word spoken.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2012, 07:21 PM

That was great but he doesnt go to bed till late after two and he is playing all that time,how his wife puts up with him I dont know.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2012, 07:55 PM

Annie darlin' - some few years ago, I had a neighbour who practiced on a full sized drum kit at 3 & 4.00am. It woke me up!!! I dressed, walked across the road and complained. All went quiet for a few weeks, then he did it again. I complained again, but not to him, this time I telephoned and complained to the noise nuisance team of our local Council's Environment Health Office. They sent a representative to me and I told them what was happening, this representative called on this man, he never did do it again!!!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2012, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
That was great but he doesnt go to bed till late after two and he is playing all that time,how his wife puts up with him I dont know.
Annie I have a friend who is a keyboard/synthasizer player we could visit, he doesn't go to bed until 5am and No he doesn't play it in his bungalow he's a proffessional player. Your neighbour's wife is probably deaf or immune to it. Have you asked him to stop playing it earlier and more quietly.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2012, 07:31 PM

No I am deaf and cant hear him, we used to go to the same session in a pub.Music not drinking!He is a short little man with bulbous eyesand you know how some people really annoy you before you have even spoken to them, well thats how it is with me,His family motto is Dont do owt for nowt and if someone does him a favour he makes fun of them to other people,sorry.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top