Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 11:41 AM

Re: Boy, 5, ‘was beaten to death by Mum’s boyfriend because he lost his shoe’

Its not a generalisation Barry its a fact.
Of course there are good stepfathers .
My husband is a stepfather to my children
But generally the stepfather has no genetic input into the child so is less likely to have any interest or instinct to protect it in the same way as they do their own children.
Its nature - and nature will out in many cases.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Its not a generalisation Barry its a fact.
Of course there are good stepfathers .
My husband is a stepfather to my children
But generally the stepfather has no genetic input into the child so is less likely to have any interest or instinct to protect it in the same way as they do their own children.
Its nature - and nature will out in many cases.
Violent men surely are just as likely to be violent to their own children? It would seem to me that it's determined more by nature of the man than the relationship.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 11:54 AM

They may well be violent but nature puts some curb on violent tendencies towards ones biological children.
Otherwise no one would survive childhood!
Even the grouchy lion will play with his own cubs ( for a while at least )
Of course there are violent parents they are an aberration perhaps nature does not want those genes passed on .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

08-07-2017, 11:58 AM

In my earlier life I have seen a couple of families where there was a stepchild who was less kindly treated than the mans own children.They were difficult children and now i realise probably very unhappy
Its makes me sad to think of those children now.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 01:40 PM

How many little children have been brutally murdered by their step fathers?
While the mother looks on.

The mother's of beaten children are just as responsible.

No one can convince me that, in cases like this the mother(s)didn't know it was going on.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

08-07-2017, 02:03 PM

Me neither IMO the mothers in these cases want flogging at the carts tail.
The one person who a poor helpless tot looks to for protection does nothing on the contrary puts him /her in the hands of a fiend.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Well thanks for that assessment. I must remember to tell my step-daughter's and step-grandchildren to be wary of me next time I see them.
Originally Posted by Barry ->
That's quite an awful generalisation Muddy, I took on three stepsons when they were five, six and seven years old and raised them as my own as well as my two daughters. You do many men a terrible injustice.
I'm with you guys .... such generalisations are awful and not well thought out. Do we drag in all fostered or adopted kids as at threat from their 'legal' parents or guardians too? I think not.

Mr M had a stepdad and I've just asked him if he ever felt threatened and at most danger when in close proximity to his stepdad. He said no.
In fact, when his mother walked out and went off with another man, they only had each other. His stepfather was more than a substitute, he was his father in just about very meaningful sense of the word.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

08-07-2017, 02:33 PM

On the contrary they are very well thought out and explained .
examples are plentiful who cannot name a case of horrendous cruelty to children leading to their deaths from pseudo of actual stepfathers
From Maria Colwell to baby Peter and Daniel Pelka
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...er-jailed-life

If all step fathers excluded sweetness and light towards their stepchildren they would be no such cases at all.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 04:30 PM

How many little children have been brutally murdered by their step fathers?
Another sweeping statement?

How many children have been murdered by their fathers or mothers?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

08-07-2017, 04:34 PM

Who knows probably not as many as have been killed by their step fathers which is the topic under discussion.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top