Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
venator
London
venator is male  venator has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 07:41 PM

Re: Age gap

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Are these you real doubts or are you a little appprehensive about talking on a forty year old ?
At last - a relevant reply!

No, I'm not apprehensive and not looking for an excuse to give myself not to go ahead. These are real doubts.
venator
London
venator is male  venator has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I do this a lot - look to what could be. Trouble is you can lose out on living in the here and now. At a later date you might regret what you could have had . All very confusing.

Best thing I would advise is if you can't work it out between you both and come to an agreement over it (if she does indeed like you ) - the age gap and what the future could hold that is - probably better leaving things alone if you can't handle the worry.

But then again there is always this advice from Master Oogway (wise turtle of Kung Fu Panda fame):

"You are too concerned about was was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present'."

In other words don't ask me for advice .

You are on your own ...

Best of luck .
Fair point especially the "Best thing..." bit. As for Master Oogway, poetic as may be, this "living in the present" malarky does get a bit overrated. Thank you though.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 07:57 PM

Ok,..I had a relationship with an older Man when I was 40 He was 62 and very handsome, We were both widowed...He began to resent Me seeing Friends of My own age,and just wanted Me to be with Him and His Friends who were all so much older than Me and bored Me to death....I of course resented this too and ended it after 2 years...,He soon met a lovely Women His own age and They lived happily together until His death....so..think carefully about it..and good luck whatever You decide.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Ok,..I had a relationship with an older Man when I was 40 He was 62 and very handsome, We were both widowed...He began to resent Me seeing Friends of My own age,and just wanted Me to be with Him and His Friends who were all so much older than Me and bored Me to death....I of course resented this too and ended it after 2 years...,He soon met a lovely Women His own age and They lived happily together until His death....so..think carefully about it..and good luck whatever You decide.
Been around the block a few times have you .

May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Been around the block a few times have you .

You'd be surprised Laddie
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 08:11 PM

Hi Venator I would say age is irrelevant.
You are both consenting adults, if you feel there is 'something' between you go for it , life is to short and full of uncertainties for pondering 'what ifs'.
venator
London

21-05-2017, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Venator I would say age is irrelevant.
You are both consenting adults, if you feel there is 'something' between you go for it , life is to short and full of uncertainties for pondering 'what ifs'.
Thank you Meg.
venator
London

21-05-2017, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by May ->

Thank you May. You've raised a tangential point. I wasn't considering whether things would work in the first place but you've set me thinking. I'd never resent a partner seeing their friends but most of my friends are in their 50s or 60s.

I guess it's about how one gets on with ones partner's peers. It's not crossing that particular bridge but a later one that I'm worried about.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Just ask her , why not , she can only say no , don't be offended if she does . Live one day at a time .

I agree susan.

Venator, you are thinking too long term.
You are wondering how she would feel about looking after you in your dotage (if you get that far ), and you don't even know if she wants a date yet!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 10:44 PM

My wife is 14 years younger than me. We've been together 22 years now.

Go for it!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top