Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 08:32 PM

Re: Things you swore you would never do in old age

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
The only way my family will euthanise me is by whacking me over the head with a log from the fire when I start banging on about the price of diesel for the 100th time
Ah the Joys of Living Up North.
My Laird's always on the Grouse about Diesel Prices. But he runs a Land Rover and a Tractor, that Quad Bike Thing, also the Combine that he Rents in the Autumn..........A Lotta Juice.
Then there's my Car....But we won't go there, cos I kick off at the Price of Petrol.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 08:40 PM

At least we're not on the islands Roxy, there it is about 160p per litre I believe.

Mad, truly mad.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 08:45 PM

At least we're not on the islands Roxy, there it is about 160p per litre I believe.

Mad, truly mad.
Not sure how much it is there now, Was over on Orkney last May but never thought to check against Mainland Prices. I come from the Isle of Mull but I've not been back in a wee while.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 09:05 PM

My one was after falling in love with Rock an Roll and had the negitive response from OLD people that in the years to come I would never ever do the same.

Then came RAP biggest load of rubbish going.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Not sure how much it is there now, Was over on Orkney last May but never thought to check against Mainland Prices. I come from the Isle of Mull but I've not been back in a wee while.
With diesel as high as it is there I wouldna want tae go back either!!

I think I'd be cheaper buying an oil rig and pumping my own crude oil.

Whilst on the price of things, my wife has just interjected an intelligent and meaningful statement I was making about the pronunciation of Pall Mall (you're enticed to hear it, no?) to say the price of wine has gone up.

Well, if you must drink three bottles a night woman it is going to be expensive.

Nonetheless apparently it has gone up by a couple of pounds. I suppose the price of my Glenfiddich whiskey shall be going up too but it's so damn expensive anyway I haven't noticed
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 01:26 AM

[QUOTE=
"Oh you've come from Bristol? did you join the M4 at the junction with the M32 or go via Bath & then the A36, Warminster & Salisbury picking up the M27 ..
"OH no I didnt go that way. I went via junction 17 at the M4 Chippenham turnoff DEvizes, Amesbury "
QUOTE]

This made me smile as when we first started coming back to the UK regularly in the 90s, we were amused to discover that this was a regular topic of conversation in English households.

Coming from Tasmania where there is one road up and down and one across the top, we always find it funny but I can see it could be very boring if you live there. Bit like people giving you long accounts of their dreams!

Now when we drive around our little state we sometimes say to each other as a joke, shall we take the C24 come off Junction 92 and on to the B25 and then the M1 via Junction 42 - oh no, we just keep on this road all the way!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
My one was after falling in love with Rock an Roll and had the negitive response from OLD people that in the years to come I would never ever do the same.

Then came RAP biggest load of rubbish going.
So true is that - I feel exactly the same !
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

15-01-2013, 05:14 PM

Oh don't mention Rap crap (as I call it) to me.

My biggest fear about my grandkids growing up is that they'll like that stuff.

I've started playing my Roy Orbison tapes whenever they are over to try and install GOOD music into them so when they hear any modern rubbish they will reject it.

Luckily my son-in-law is also a fan of Roy Orbison so he plays it too.

I love it when a plan comes together...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 05:21 PM

Oh don't mention Rap crap (as I call it) to me.

My biggest fear about my grandkids growing up is that they'll like that stuff.

I've started playing my Roy Orbison tapes whenever they are over to try and install GOOD music into them so when they hear any modern rubbish they will reject it.

Luckily my son-in-law is also a fan of Roy Orbison so he plays it too.

I love it when a plan comes together...
This is a good plan - hope it works !
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

15-01-2013, 05:36 PM

Well if it doesn't at least they'll know all the different ways a relationship can end

In all seriousness though, that is what I love about Roy's songs - the fact each one is like a story.

Modern songs are so boring and repetitive with some being obscene.

For example, I started the car up the other day and forgetting I didn't have a cassette in the player, I put the radio on and the mainstream radio station started playing a song with the lyrics "lets all get some and live while we're young". Maybe I'm being prudish but that is just disgusting.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top