Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 08:03 PM

Re: Why Is It?

Oh dear - we've had a barbie at my daughter's house, lunch-time and most of the afternoon today - So did another family at the bottom of the garden. There were numerous excited, noisy kids and everyone was making qiute a racket. I think there must have been an equal amount of smoke and noise coming from both gardens.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 08:37 PM

Photo copy this and place on there door ...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 08:47 PM

It was us and the neighbours at the bottom of the garden making the racket Dabby. I don't know if the other neighbours minded or not, we didn't see anyone - but all their windows were shut
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 09:31 PM

I have a most unpleasant neighbour who shouts at her kids all the time. I am not a child lover anyway but in ths case it is the mother who is the problem. Sometimes it is impossible to enjoy sitting out in my garden. Thank god that retirement is not that long off and I can move away from her
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 07:20 AM

That is one reason why the NHS will not survive, the young will be deaf before they are 40 and put such a heavy burden on the NHS that it will go bankrupt.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 10:08 AM

I love being able to BBQ and sit with family and friends, having a good chin wag. We always have them in the afternoon and if people linger after eight o'clock we always move indoors.
But if people are upset by the noise before that time, I think it's them who are being unreasonable.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2012, 09:14 AM

I can echo all these moans - I too detest loud music with a heavy bass to it. Being a chronic asthmatic, when people around me light up their BBQ without adequate warning, it can (and has) triggered a major asthmatic attack. Two years ago next door neighbour had a bonfire. It was a warm and sunny evening and my balcony door was wide open, but I also had the curtains pulled to keep out the bright light and didn't see him do it. I learned about it when I smelled the smoke, by which time, as the smoke was already inside my home it was too late. My 'puffers' were useless against this pollution and after the ambulance called I spent the next four hours on a hospital trolley in A & E.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 01:26 AM

Seriously, do you people not remember being young? Some of you talk as though you were born at 50.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Hu99 ->
Seriously, do you people not remember being young? Some of you talk as though you were born at 50.

Lloyd my friend, some of us were taught 'good manners' by our parents which meant that we didn't do things which would annoy any of our neighbours.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 08:34 PM

Surely there can be a compromise. I don't think it unreasonable to have a BBQ in the afternoon, so long as it doesn't go on beyond a reasonable hour.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top