Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 02:25 PM

Re: Sounds

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Rain and Storm Sounds, great for getting you off on a wee nap lol.
Nearly read that wrong then Roxy , when you said wee , thought you ment wee as in , well as in another thing ..

Agree with waves Rox, but sadly never get many in-land . but have a web site i use for sounds (Rain ,ocean etc) where i can shut my eyes and dream . .. http://www.soundsleeping.com/index.php
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 02:36 PM

Thanks Dabby I've Bookmarked it, I'll look at it later. Me and the Kindle are away outside for an hour or so now.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by dabby ->
I must agree with Annie Jack ... The sound of Rain is just amazing , does something for me , shutting my eyes and listening so relaxing ....
Better than having a Banoffee pie... Just.

I also love the sound of rain,and waves crashing against cliffs like you do Roxy

Also music, a crackling log fire and a cat purring
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 08:54 PM

I too love the sound of waves crashing and, at this particular moment, loving the sound of the blackbird singing in my back garden, which he does every evening
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 09:01 PM

I love this : --- Baby Laughing

But I don't like this. :i-----Baby crying
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 09:28 PM

I love the sound of waves on the shore and a trickling stream.
The sound of laughter when young children are playing; Cassie purring on my lap; the Dawn chorus during the spring/summer.

I haven't any Scottish blood in me but I do love the sound of bagpipes!

Sounds I dislike are thump, thump, thump and screechy music; people swearing every other word; emergency vehicle sirens.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 10:20 PM

I also love the sound of the sea or a running stream/river-the sound is so relaxing. The sound of a violin when played well sends shivers down my spine, and I do love to listen to a Brass Band.

Don't like thumping music and can't stand the sound of cats calling to each other as two were doing last night at around 2.30 a.m. and right outside my bedroom window!!!!!!!!!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 12:14 AM

Sounds as if we're all pretty much agreed. I love the sound of water, be it rain, a running river, the sea or even just a water feature.

As to the dawn chorus. Little blighters sometimes wake me up before I want to be woken, but it is a happy sound bringing in a new day.

I live about two miles from the M6 and, on a very still night, I love to hear the sound of the traffic, which helps get me to sleep if I'm having trouble, and I love the sound a train makes on the tracks, although I never hear that here.

My most favourite sound of all though is hard rain beating down, with a good dose of thunder and lightning to go with it!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by dabby ->
I must agree with Annie Jack ... The sound of Rain is just amazing , does something for me , shutting my eyes and listening so relaxing ....
Better than having a Banoffee pie... Just.

Dabby, Dabby, Dabby, NO!!!! - there is NOTHING better than Banoffee pie, except perhaps two - one in either hand.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 04:15 PM

The sounds that stir me aren't as romantic as most the those mentioned. I love the sound of a good engine, whether it's a Porsche flat-6, Lambourghini V-10, Ferrari V12 or just a nice V-8 rumble it just excites me.
The absolute pinnacle of aural sensation though is the sublime whine of a Formula One car.

Also the single guitar chord at about 4:16 of King Crimson's "Sailor's Tale".

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top