Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 12:07 PM

Re: Have you lost yours

I wear smartish every day clothes at home .When I go out I try to look my best if only out shopping etc . I wouldn`t even go to the door without my make up though .
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

03-05-2012, 12:08 PM

I can't bear make up and haven't used it for years.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 02:47 PM

As long as i have no holes in my clothing and been washes hiar brushed
of I go
no pjs for me at the store
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 02:48 PM

You can't judge a book by it's cover, the same as you shouldn't judge people by the way they look.
The first of the Seven deadly sins is:---

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

This is a quote by Tennessee Williams:----

“There are no 'good' or 'bad' people. Some are a little better or a little worse, but all are activated more by misunderstanding than malice. A blindness to what is going on in each others hearts... nobody sees anybody truly but all through the flaws of their own egos. That is the way we all see ...each other in life. Vanity, fear, desire, competition-- all such distortions within our own egos-- condition our vision of those in relation to us. Add to those distortions to our own egos the corresponding distortions in the egos of others, and you see how cloudy the glass must become through which we look at each other. That's how it is in all living relationships except when there is that rare case of two people who love intensely enough to burn through all those layer of opacity and see each others naked hearts. Such cases seem purely theoretical to me...”
― Tennessee Williams

I think that just about sums it up for me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 02:51 PM

I'm not a follower of fashion but I do like to think I look reasonably smart when I go out, even to the shops. I don't wear a lot of make up, just moisturiser and a little bit of lippy. If we go to a restaurant, cinema or theatre ..... or visiting someone, I do make that extra bit of effort. As soon as I come back home, I change into more comfortable clothes. If I had a dog to take for a walk, it would be different then..... I would dress for the weather, comfort and the occasion.

One thing I do take extra care with when I go out, is my hair .... I visit my hairdresser regulary to keep it neat and tidy.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

03-05-2012, 03:06 PM

I usually avoid having to go to places where I have to dress up. The last time I had to look the business was for my father's funeral in 2005, as he has been a senior politician in his time, and as the eldest child I was the chief mourner.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 03:54 PM

Slightly off the subject, I'd be more concerned about the dreadful shapes and sizes that are about the place at the moment. In particular young girls with backsides as big as hot air balloons, stuffed into clothes two sizes too small. Blokes with bellies spilling out of ropey old tracksuits, and what I would call Tweedledee and Tweedledum, Humpty Dumpty lookalikes all over the place.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 04:51 PM

I am what M&S call A classic dresser,I cant go out unless I look right to me.At home I wear trousers and jumpers or tops depending on the season, my hair is clean and I shower daily . I have given up on the make-up,just a bit of moisteriser and powder, and generally look as if I have just been dug up complexion wise.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 10:09 PM

I live in joggers, sweatshirts, tee shirts etc. and I don't worry about what others think. Clean clothes everyday, bath every day and hair washed every day. If its a special occasion, (weddings etc) I do dress smartly, even though it still means wearing smart trousers, jacket and top-don't possess one dress or skirt!

When I take the Hatti girl out walking, I dress according to the weather which recently has been rain, so wellies, waterproof leggings and waterproof jacket-during winter months sometimes I go out walking looking like 'michelin man' I've that many layers on-but at least I'm warm
Tweety
Scotland
Tweety is female  Tweety has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 11:10 PM

Never go out without hair done and Lippy on. I like to feel good. Oh and I dress well too.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top