Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 05:30 PM

Re: Trading Standards?

Mollie as already stated by Chippy retailer's can charge what they like. A fine example are the 99p Shops.I have bought some Cadbury's snacks in there for the said 99p and seen the same thing in Tesco's for £1.99. Also I have to say after being in the retail business for many years many of the 99p Shop prices are cheaper then for me to go to a Warehouse.Truth is they can sell something for 99p that I would have to charge alot more for as it's all about the flow of people that go through and basically those kind of shops also can get items cheaper then myself as they buy in such bulk.Saying that many Markets I know and Shops have closed around here because of those Shops as they just cannot compete with their prices.So good for the 99p Customer's but bad for many Traders.If there was any regulation's about price's this of course would not happen....so you see Mollie you may not be happy (and who would) but nope there is not a thing you can do love.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
Get yourself to Tescos Mollie, or better s till go down the road to Lidl
Or Aldis.....there Brother's but don't talk schhhhh lol!!!
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 05:35 PM

My beer has gone up 10p a bottle in Aldi, but it's still 30p cheaper than Asda.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 06:45 PM

I didn't really think there was much that could be done.

I've never done my weekly shop in there, as I always pop to Aldi on my way home from work, or occasionally Lidl up the road.

It was the shock of seeing the prices rocket like that, literally overnight.

I've just come back from there again and had a look round this time, but a lot of their goods haven't been priced up, so I'll buy nothing else from there until they have been. I know it's their early days yet, so for now I'll give them the benefit.

I is most magnanimous!
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 09:03 PM

Local small shops are always more expensive simply because of the convenience of being close by. You'll find that local Tesco's are a tad more dear than their big supermarkets. It's because folk don't need to spend any money on a bus or fuel to reach them or your time getting there. Find a shop that sells cigarettes with a price on the packet too that will help. Aldi and Lidl don't sell cigarettes.....wonder why?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2012, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Local small shops are always more expensive simply because of the convenience of being close by. You'll find that local Tesco's are a tad more dear than their big supermarkets. It's because folk don't need to spend any money on a bus or fuel to reach them or your time getting there. Find a shop that sells cigarettes with a price on the packet too that will help. Aldi and Lidl don't sell cigarettes.....wonder why?
Aye well Gabi, you're right there. Before this lot moved in, the prices were on the cellophane which covered the cigarettes, at £5.13 per packet but, since THEY moved in, no prices can be seen on packets.

Initially, I thought this was an independent that had bought "my" shop, but it isn't apparently. It's called McColl's and what's bothering me is that for the last five nights I've been in there, I've not been served by the same person. Now then, in order to establish customer relations, it's important for people to familiarise themselves with the people they're dealing with, or at least I'd have thought so.

Where I work, if we send one electrician to do a job, then other jobs become available in those premises, we make every effort to send the same electrician in order to build up a feeling of trust and confidence. Customers do like to see the same faces back because that's human nature; but I can't feel comfy with these people, and they're doing everything wrong.

Sorry, apologies, I did have the same youngish lass serve me two nights on the trot and I was glad to see her and she recognised me, which was good. Then tonight I again felt alienated.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2012, 07:22 AM

I would take my custom elsewhere if you are not happy. After all your money is good anywhere.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top