Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Maver-rik
London. England
Maver-rik is female  Maver-rik has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:46 PM

Re: Alaska woman attacked by bear while using toilet

I thought bears pooped in the woods.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
From the description quoted by the op, sound like the bear was already milling around in the pit under the seat.
Not the most hygienic place to have a krap!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Not the most hygienic place to have a krap!
Holiday in a yurt out in the wilds somewhere. Basic outdoor loo. Bear involved with $hit in the woods.

Paints a pretty picture.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:37 PM

I bet that cured her constipation.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:42 PM

I think pooping in the wild is asking for trouble....I remember camping in France once, woke to find a complete stranger next to me at the side of the tent, he could have done a lot worse than that though, when you think about it....however,I was able to tell the tale.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Holiday in a yurt out in the wilds somewhere. Basic outdoor loo. Bear involved with $hit in the woods.

Paints a pretty picture.
Indeed, most eloquent.............
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 05:22 PM

The mistake here was that these people stayed in a yurt.

The first rule of camping, glamping, or whatever in Alaska is to never, ever stay in a tent, yurt, or any shelter that has soft sides that can be penetrated or omit cooking or other odors attractive to bears.

An outhouse is literally a no go .

You have to be constantly vigilant and assume that there are bears everywhere. You never go anywhere without making a whole lot of racket so you scare them off in the first place, carry bear mace always, and check out your surroundings.

I don't know what they were thinking.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
The mistake here was that these people stayed in a yurt.

The first rule of camping, glamping, or whatever in Alaska is to never, ever stay in a tent, yurt, or any shelter that has soft sides that can be penetrated or omit cooking or other odors attractive to bears.

An outhouse is literally a no go .

You have to be constantly vigilant and assume that there are bears everywhere. You never go anywhere without making a whole lot of racket so you scare them off in the first place, carry bear mace always, and check out your surroundings.

I don't know what they were thinking.
I agree. It is also commonplace to erect an electric fence around the whole of the site, bringing everything inside it, including the latrines.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 05:46 PM

If a place doesn't have 24/7 room service we don't go.

At least not any more!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top