Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 01:53 PM

Re: Psychics & Clairvoyants - Do you believe in them?

I'm open minded about such things. I would never go to see one - the thought frightens me a bit.

You obviously believe in it Pixie. Does it help you & in what way?

What has your lady told you that is true?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 02:09 PM

I'm with the zeitgeist here. THey are all..all, total garbage in my opinion. But live and let live. If people want to use them who am I to judge. It's the untrained, unskilled, destructive ones that call themselves "counsellors" that I would like to see run out town. Any one they're in.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 02:16 PM

No, I wouldn’t visit one, I live life as it comes.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm open minded about such things. I would never go to see one - the thought frightens me a bit.

You obviously believe in it Pixie. Does it help you & in what way?

What has your lady told you that is true?
I remain sceptical for the most part, Carol - I know they operate what is called a "scattergun" approach whereby they tell you a lot of general things hoping that one or two might hit the mark. The reaction of the person getting the reading guides them to be more specific, again observing the reaction.

The one I went to read palms, did Tarot cards, and looked into a crystal ball. She was accurate about people who have passed on and "spirits" around me, being quite specific in one case. (I don't believe that I have a gaggle of ghosts hanging around me, to be honest though!) She gave me suggestions about which path career wise to take, and noted that I was studying a subject that would not work for me (I was studying at the time, and I have not been able to get a job in that field)
She missed one very important fact about a family illness, which I was disappointed about, but she did say I would have a long life (great!) with no grandchildren (boo hiss, and very true so far)
So yes, I take it with a pinch of salt, its more for entertainment than anything else, although - as been mentioned already - some take advantage of very vulnerable people who are actually seeking answers.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 02:42 PM

No I don't believe in them, I used to watch a program on telly, John Edwards was the man who spoke to the spirits, they can always mention the first name of the deceased but never the surname, strange???
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No , I have no time for that rubbish, for me it falls into the same category as gods/ghosts/angels/Santa clause and the tooth fairy
Not to mention the Flying Spaghetti Monster.................
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
No, I would never go to a medium, it's a load of mumbo-jumbo, but having said that, I really enjoyed Good Omens & that had a medium in it. It was just a story though, by the best Sci-Fi writer ever, Terry Pratchett.
I am a fan of the late, great Sir TP's work. I really enjoyed the book and the TV mini-series of Good Omens.

Someone did once try to read my palm, but got it completely wrong, not that I believed in any of it before or since.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 03:23 PM

I've had a few experiences that make me less skeptical about existence beyond this plane, but I don't think anyone can hail anyone or anything forth like calling a dog to dinner.

All of that other hogwash - tarot cards, palm reading, tea leaves, are just a form of entertainment, nothing more. Any coincidence is just that or self-fulfilling prophecy.

Now that I think about it, I wish someone would predict that this winter over .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 03:24 PM

I saw Derren Brown do a "spiritualist" show live a few years ago. It's a big con as he demonstrated.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
I am a fan of the late, great Sir TP's work. I really enjoyed the book and the TV mini-series of Good Omens.

Someone did once try to read my palm, but got it completely wrong, not that I believed in any of it before or since.
The series of Good Omens was brilliant, with brilliant casting too. I also have it on DVD with many other Sir TP's DVD's. Plus most of his books that I reread from time to time & audio books & I have the BBC radio version of Good Omens too on audio CD.

I had my palm read by a gypsy once, it was almost right. She said I would marry a Michael, well I did, but not the one I was thinking of at the time.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top