Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 01:02 PM

Re: Good Morning Friday.

A brilliant Good Morning and a Fantastic New Year To Everyone from Foxy's abode....

Still a bit cool but the sun is streaming through the window.
A rest day today and tomorrow and back on the road on Sunday.

I heard either fireworks going off last night or somebody walking down the mainstreet firing an AK47, the lack of police cars and ambulances, and I breathed a sigh of relief realising it was just fireworks.... Although Maddie the cat wasn't very pleased....

Mrs Fox fell asleep in the chair while I mashed a cup of Yorkshire tea and sent down a pork pie to prevent night starvation...
I woke her at twelve, gave her a New Year kiss and made my way to bed.....What's all the fuss about anyway....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 04:00 PM

Re: Good Morning Friday.

Good morning! I hope this finds everyone well and enjoying day one of 2021. This is the time of year I am voiding every second check for writing in the wrong year....

Steady rain is patting the roof for the first time in a month, which is welcomed, but also a sign of an encroaching cold front. No matter; an entire dump truck of top soil is being delivered today for the yard between the house and the river, which is the first step in mitigating the gardens and planting the spring tropicals.

My twenty-somethings took naps after dinner (ahem, am I to clean this kitchen alone?) so they could ring in the new year. I enjoyed having them around to shove 2020 out the back door. We watched our neighbors shooting fireworks from their dock up river and sat up chatting until almost three. Caffeine is my best friend today.

Have a fine day!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top