Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:10 PM

Re: Lovely Surprise.

My pain-in-the-arse ex has had a fantastic service from the Red Cross over the last few months.

For all his ill doings in life, he really appreciates the input he's been given, both on a physical and emotional level.

I think it's great we have these charities for people who need help. I'm sure they're crying out for volunteers especially at the moment. I feel sure they're held back by lack of volunteers with all that's being thrown our way through this year, which is a shame.

But, having said we're shown on the TV that there are genuinely lovely folk out there who start up various services for the community with no fan fare and expecting no praise or reward - they just get on with it. Well done to them I say
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 09:42 AM

Always go to other folks funerals...otherwise they don't come to yours
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 09:48 AM

I would go, but I'm always busy in the Mourning.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 10:55 AM

Thats lovely swimmy, I can sense how it has cheered you up, yes there are some goid people in the world, im glad they reached out to you. If i lived near you I'd bring you a gift too!

Take care and enjoy your gifts, you are naughty though, its not Christmas yet, you shouldn't have opened it till christmas morning but I'll forgive you lol.

You have a wombling Merry Christmas xxx
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have just had an unexpected visit from a Charity.

They help me with my PTSD.

A lovely chat and a gift bag.

Birthday and Christmas Card.

A digital organiser in a leather case, posh socks, shower gel, lip balm, expensive toothpaste, white chocolate coins, a satsuma and a dozen posh chocolates.

Everything donated to them for people like me.

I am a happy womble.

It is lovely that we have people like that.

How lovely!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
That was nice of them Swimmy.

But please; I have pointed this out to you before but calling yourself a "womble" in this day and age is ill-advised.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=womble
Rubbish - Wombles are cuddly furry creatures that work very hard. Here is Swimmy in his Great Uncle Bulgaria costume!

Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Rubbish - Wombles are cuddly furry creatures that work very hard. Here is Swimmy in his Great Uncle Bulgaria costume!
Forty years ago maybe, but not today.
It's only "rubbish" if you are so out of touch that you don't know.
Five years ago a Womble was regarded as a person who retreived others' discarded receipts in attempts to earn easy cash.
Even a mere five years further on, that has changed considerably.

Just like being "woke" no longer means the past tense of "wake"; it really doesn't commonly mean opening your eyes in the morning any more.

If however somebody really wants to describe themselves in such a negative manner after I have tried to suggest why it might be better not to, that is of course their choice.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

19-12-2020, 01:44 PM

Forty years ago maybe, but not today.
It's only "rubbish" if you are so out of touch that you don't know.

Not necessarily, Zaphod, depends on the circles in which you move.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not necessarily, Zaphod, depends on the circles in which you move.
Well my gait has been described as akin to that of a sailor, not in circles but more of a figure eight ........

Having children does tend to introduce a greater awareness of current trends.
"You're not going out in that with me, dad" is a good example, yet strangely my Sex Pistols tee shirt is seen as retro and "banging".
Maybe it was the accompanying chino-style shorts?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 02:26 PM

Well my gait has been described as akin to that of a sailor, not in circles but more of a figure eight ........

Having children does tend to introduce a greater awareness of current trends.
"You're not going out in that with me, dad" is a good example, yet strangely my Sex Pistols tee shirt is seen as retro and "banging".
Maybe it was the accompanying chino-style shorts?
Any pics?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top