Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 10:49 AM

Re: Death

I don't even like to think about death, let alone witness it.

What a morbid subject Spitty.

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:08 AM

Apparently, Turkeys are happier, this year, for some reason!

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:11 AM

It seems to be the 'Elephant' in the room Spitty....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:28 AM

Hi

It was the nature of my old job during the Cold War and Arab Spring to see many die, and even more bodies.

I coped by considering myself invulnerable.

My PTSD started when I stopped work and had time to reflect on things.

Death is a fact of life.

It is different now.

It is my own body attacking me, nothing I can do about it.

I cannot stop it, I cannot kill it or capture it to make myself safe.

It is a strange sensation.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It was the nature of my old job during the Cold War and Arab Spring to see many die, and even more bodies.

Death is a fact of life.

It is different now.

Ohhhh, I want to hug you, everything will be alright Swimmy ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Death is a fact of life.

It is different now.

People say that TV, films and puter games don't make people go out and do stupid violent things, but I believe that everything we see is with us for life, and it can affect the way you think and act in the future, as you are now recollecting Swim. And the mind does not differentiate between fact of fiction.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
People say that TV, films and puter games don't make people go out and do stupid violent things, but I believe that everything we see is with us for life, and it can affect the way you think and act in the future, as you are now recollecting Swim. And the mind does not differentiate between fact of fiction.
Foxy, l am not so sure about that. Surely, most people have the capacity to differentiate between the two?
If we all thought that way, wouldn’t we be no more than programmable zombies?

I am wondering why such a doom and gloom thread has appeared at this time. Is it meant to spoil our Christmas and make us all think about our destiny?
I will worry about death when it happens as there’s not much l can do about it.

I feel like chanting......Bring out your dead
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-12-2020, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Foxy, l am not so sure about that. Surely, most people have the capacity to differentiate between the two?
If we all thought that way, wouldn’t we be no more than programmable zombies?

I am wondering why such a doom and gloom thread has appeared at this time. Is it meant to spoil our Christmas and make us all think about our destiny?
I will worry about death when it happens as there’s not much l can do about it.

I feel like chanting......Bring out your dead
We are the sum of all that we have been taught Arty, it's how the human brain learns stuff and makes you, the person that you are. Each person interprets all this information in different ways, that's why we are all different. The things that you find horrific and wrong might not seen horrific and wrong to someone like Swimmy who has been desensitised to death. Take religion for example, the things that some religions find normal, would not be normal to you or me. We can not turn off the ability to absorb what we are seeing, otherwise PTSD would not exist. Most of the time we are being taught and didn't realise it, and the effect can be as simple as selecting a certain product off the shelf at the supermarket, or it can be something quite more sinnister.

Death is not doom and gloom Arty, only mental pain to the ones left behind who have lost a loved one. We all end up the same way, it's just a case of acceptance of the inevitable...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
We are the sum of all that we have been taught Arty, it's how the human brain learns stuff and makes you, the person that you are. Each person interprets all this information in different ways, that's why we are all different. The things that you find horrific and wrong might not seen horrific and wrong to someone like Swimmy who has been desensitised to death. Take religion for example, the things that some religions find normal, would not be normal to you or me. We can not turn off the ability to absorb what we are seeing, otherwise PTSD would not exist. Most of the time we are being taught and didn't realise it, and the effect can be as simple as selecting a certain product off the shelf at the supermarket, or it can be something quite more sinnister.

Death is not doom and gloom Arty, only mental pain to the ones left behind who have lost a loved one. We all end up the same way, it's just a case of acceptance of the inevitable...
Sorry, Foxy. That’s a blinkered view. You need to look out of the sides a bit and be a lateral thinker at times!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't even like to think about death, let alone witness it.

What a morbid subject Spitty.

I agree Mups, we are all going to die but do we want to talk about it ? Surely this is a serious matter that we can discuss with our families, if we need to, but do we really want to chat about it on here?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top