Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2011, 10:32 AM

Re: Edwina Curry

I too am very disenchanted seeing that Edwina Curry and her wicked tongue have been overshadowed by people disagreeing over what we know is a corrupt organisation whoever is in power.

This is how evil laws creep onto the statute books because people are so busy arguing about which side is right that we miss the important bits, that and of course our newspapers not telling us the important stuff but whittering on about footballers and their wives or strictly come dancing.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2011, 10:36 AM

Yes Cate darlin' - and do you remember Thatcher (phth, phth,phth) telling us that there's no such thing as society ???
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2011, 10:58 AM

I was living in america when Miz Thatcher was Prime Minister so I remember just being happy we had a woman in power. Some people say she was good some say she was bad. All I know is I bought my council house when I came back from America, I never vote so I have no right to complain I just sick of their dishonesty.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
I too am very disenchanted seeing that Edwina Curry and her wicked tongue have been overshadowed by people disagreeing over what we know is a corrupt organisation whoever is in power.

This is how evil laws creep onto the statute books because people are so busy arguing about which side is right that we miss the important bits, that and of course our newspapers not telling us the important stuff but whittering on about footballers and their wives or strictly come dancing.
You are absolutely right of course Cate, the bickering is pretty pointless as non of us will ever change anything, and there is never an absolute right or wrong, so well said...
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2011, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
You are absolutely right of course Cate, the bickering is pretty pointless as non of us will ever change anything, and there is never an absolute right or wrong, so well said...
I agree with you too Cate, well put.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 11:54 AM

It probably is pointless, but I don't mind. It wouldn't do if we were all the same and I don't want anyone to take offence, but we all have a point of view and I think some of the comments and retorts are quite entertaining. Keep the dialogue coming I say.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
It probably is pointless, but I don't mind. It wouldn't do if we were all the same and I don't want anyone to take offence, but we all have a point of view and I think some of the comments and retorts are quite entertaining. Keep the dialogue coming I say.
We just need to remember we are all friends here having a chat and our comments are not meant to be taken personally
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Money, politics & religion 'pffft' always subjects to avoid amongst friends

But for what its worth im in Plantmans corner
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Money, politics & religion 'pffft' always subjects to avoid amongst friends

But for what its worth im in Plantmans corner
Thanks Kat....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We just need to remember we are all friends here having a chat and our comments are not meant to be taken personally
That's what I think as well Meg - comments shouldn't be taken personally. I haven't been involved with any forums before this one and Dogsey and have been pleasantly surprised. I think it is nice to hear everyone's point of view on whatever subject people want to discuss, We won't necessarily agree with each other but that's what makes the forum lively and interesting.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top