Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 03:32 PM

Re: Pet hates

I don't like cats neither, a woman across the road from me has about six, they used my garden as their toilet.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 04:03 PM

Jimmy, citrus peels in the garden tends to repel the cats.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 04:04 PM

there are 2 houses a bit lower down from mine, who between them have 9 cats, none stay in their respective owners houses over night, so you can guess the outcome, I have had gardens dug up plants ruined, noise you wouldnt believe and even had them trying to get into my house for food,
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Or have dogs like mine who hate cats and chase them. They are a great repellent
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Dandysmom, I have tried every method going, (short of a double barrelled shotgun ) to keep them out of my garden, nothing works, I even tried cotton bobbins threaded onto a wire and tied from pole to pole, they walked either side of it, very precariously, mind you but walk it they did, I have tried the peel, pepper, audio cat repellant, nothing will work, I never had this problem when my old dog was alive, and no I wouldnt have another one, so I will just have to grimace and bear it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 04:22 PM

Oh dear Aitch, that sounds like me and the constant damage caused by the squirrels; nothing, but nothing I tried would discourage them from ravaging the garden. Sigh. At least the cats don't eat your tomatoes or chew holes in your soffit boards. Or uproot all your newly planted tulip bulbs!

Talk about hates!
aitch
Wigan

04-10-2011, 04:28 PM

I had strawberries and tomatoes growing in pots on my patio, and was woken one morning with an allmighty bang, the little felines had knocked 2 of them over, nothing I could do to salvage my plants, and they were back next day, the only real deterrent which worked was to turn a hosepipe on them , but you cant stand there all day with your pipe in your hand, waiting to half drown a moggy
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 05:38 PM

I was told lion poo was a good deterrent, but it's hard to get in Wigan
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

04-10-2011, 05:54 PM

I read that coyote urine would repel squirrels so bought some on line, and it didn't faze the little b******s one bit!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 06:34 PM

I've had cats for the last 30 years and I used to have dogs a few years before that. I love all animals, domestic or wild. Unfortunately my OH is the opposite, he will just tolerate them!

For those of you who have to put up with cats soiling their garden, I can recommend this ....... it's jelly like crystals that are affective in all weather conditions,slowly releasing high scented odour which will confuse dogs or cats.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top