Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 02:19 PM

Re: Officially Winter Tuesday

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That sounds lovely Mags it should be nice and quiet enjoy your day .
Thanks Meg, we're hoping it will be quiet now the children are back to school ......I won't have so long to queue for an ice cream!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 02:43 PM

According to this calendar countdown, we have another 85 days to go before the first day of winter ....22nd December!

http://www.calendardate.com/year2011.php
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 03:01 PM

I think it's a case of here we go again with the different versions of the seasons, I would really like to know the true order of the Months each season begins, or maybe it's like the Month before the day thing, nobody knows for sure. When I was at school The following is what we were told.
Spring=Feb-April.
Summer=May-July.
Autumn=August-Oct.
Winter=Nov.-Jan.
I'm guilty of wishing people a nice Spring when according to others it's still Winter, no wonder they give me odd looks.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 03:47 PM

Hi, people! Quiet and continued gloomy and humid here, the wretched low is persisting; no sun except for a few short peeps of it late yesterday afternoon. About a quarter to 11, 22 C (71 F). No news, just down to get my mail and pick grass.

September is the Autumnal equinox, the beginning of Autumn; December the Winter one.

Hope everyone's well,two and four legs. OG, hope you and Linda have a pleasant visit. 30 feet, that's a lot of hedge to trim, Jem!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 03:58 PM

Mags, 'up here in the south west'!! I always thought North was up and South was down.

Jem, only 30 feet of hedge, We have 150 feet of hedge 7 ft high, I used to curse when I had to do it so She who must be obeyed had a brilliant idea, she got a gardener in to do it for me.

Stephen I hope you and Linda have a great day and mum does like her.

According to Britsh life and Culture the seasons are:-

Spring - March to May

Summer - June to August

Autumn - September to November

Winter - December to February

I was only calling it winter due to the Flannelette sheets going ont the bed.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I think it's a case of here we go again with the different versions of the seasons, I would really like to know the true order of the Months each season begins, or maybe it's like the Month before the day thing, nobody knows for sure. When I was at school The following is what we were told.
Spring=Feb-April.
Summer=May-July.
Autumn=August-Oct.
Winter=Nov.-Jan.
I'm guilty of wishing people a nice Spring when according to others it's still Winter, no wonder they give me odd looks.
What's current here:

March, April, May - Spring
June, July, August - Summer
September, October, November - Autumn
December, January, February - Winter
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 05:26 PM

Thank you Folks for setting me right on that. Come the Spring (March), I'll be the first to wish you all a lovely Spring, if I'm around of course.
I've finished the hedge now and I'm heading up to the local for a few well earned pints, thats the worst thing about being old, if your missing for a few days in the local everybody thinks your dead.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
What's current here:
March, April, May - Spring
June, July, August - Summer
September, October, November - Autumn
December, January, February - Winter
Eileen that's how I see it in 'my world ' though from the end of each month rather than the beginning .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 06:20 PM

Evening everyone, late today as I've been doing some building work for a friend of mine. Looks like you've all managed to fall out anyway, but here's my two penn'eth just for devilment...

Spring = March 21st - June 2oth
Summer = June 21st - September 20th
Autumn = September 21st - December 20th
Winter = December 21st - March 20th

Enjoy what's left of your evening folks...
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 06:40 PM

yes and me,, always thought it was winter in November, a neighbour came over whilst we were gardening today just to say we are going to have snow in October.... Great.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top