Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:44 PM

Re: My latest toy

I like this one-of-a-kind, accurate to one second every 5 million years, but it's a bit costly at tens of millions of dollars, a little hard to fit on the wrist, and quite a drive (Colorado) to check the time:

https://newatlas.com/strontium-latti...st-jila/30563/

Of interest, the clock gets millions of web hits every day as computers, businesses, and individuals now use it to determine the time - free.

It doesn't provide barometric pressure though .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:52 PM

Very nice Ffosse
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 07:20 PM

Thank you. I've had a lot of time on my hands (no pun intended), and have been buying more things than normal to cheer myself up. It's worked with my TV; I never thought I could get so much enjoyment from a TV, but watches I'm a bit obsessed about.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I bought this a few weeks ago but am only now using it as I had to get round to adjusting the bracelet.

Particularly I like the Meteo function: it uses the barometer and the watch hands to predict rain or fine weather; this is incredibly accurate. The watch is solar powered and has a titanium case and bracelet.

I'm mad - I've got 6 watches now. This one was £835 RRP but I got it for £760. I could have paid less and got it on the grey market but I wanted to purchase from an AD and have the card and warranty.

I have 12 mate....
I had the original T-Touch some time back - great watch.

Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 07:56 PM

That’s a nice watch Ffosse, I’m a bit obsessed with watches, I have a couple of Skagen watches a wenger Swiss military, a couple of years ago mrs primus bought me a Casio edifice watch for Christmas, she thought I wouldn’t like it but I love it and it’s never off my wrist, off to Argos tomorrow to buy a cheap watch for work as the one I have now is just about knackered, I’d love a tag hauer or tissot but I’ve other things to buy first, still maybe one day..
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 08:11 PM

Casio Edifices are nice solid watches.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

01-09-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I have 12 mate....
I had the original T-Touch some time back - great watch.

Those are all very nice - a great collection.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Those are all very nice - a great collection.
Cheers.

The top right is as rare as rocking horse poo. 100 made in that config, 2 managed it to the UK, and I managed to nab one.

The bottom middle is unusual as well. It's a professional 200m automatic diver made by O&W (Ollech & Wajs)
They are an unusual company, inasmuch that they refuse to allow their watches to be sold by high st outlets, or general online watch dealers. They simply have one selected independent dealer in certain countries who sell direct. They are very hard to get hold of.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Swiss is the top of line.....
I love the feature you have on there that shows the barometric pressure reading. I may have to look around for a ladies watch for me with that feature.....
I know that matters to you because of the discomfort it cause you.

For me a watch is just for telling the time. Not a fashion statement or anything like that. My preset watch cost me all of fifteen quid. I do admit to having a pedometer too. For how far I walk the dog.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

01-09-2018, 09:43 PM

Also, for me a watch is jewellery. I don't wear rings, a necklace, ear-rings, nothing like that.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top