Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:52 PM

Re: The Strange Mysteries Of Life!

Oh yes! I once reported my two credit cards as lost after searching for over an hour through every room, handbag, coat pockets, I was exhausted! After phoning the banks, checking that no-one had used them and cancelling them, I was annoyed that I would have to wait for replacements.

After all that searching and phone calls I needed to use the loo, walked into the bathroom an,d there were both my cards on the bathroom window ledge (the ONLY room I hadn't thought to search) it was only when I saw them that I then remembered taking them out of my purse to tidy it up before going out. Groan!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Forks and and dessert spoons in my case. I'm down to my last three spoons and half a dozen forks. Where the bloody 'ell are they?
You might want to check whether any of your neighbours have one of these ...

http://www.eco-create.co.uk/find/cutlery-wind-chimes/
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 02:05 PM

hahaha art --- look in the draw again where u got the pkt
even tho it did ping
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You might want to check whether any of your neighbours have one of these ...

http://www.eco-create.co.uk/find/cutlery-wind-chimes/
What a waste of good cutlery.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 02:37 PM

One of my husband's socks disappeared the other day when put out for washing, we have searched high and low for it but can't find it.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 03:49 PM

When we moved to the House where we are now. When the Removal Van came, I put a Jean Carrier Bag in the Van, full of my Dancing Medals and School tie, somehow they got lost and has never been found. I did phone the Removal Company and they said it wasn't in the Van, but I know it was, I tried contacting lost property but we no luck, this was in 1982.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 03:50 PM

Or maybe the Magpies has stolen them. lol
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 03:59 PM

Yes, it happens to me often. Some appear again and some are never seen again. The most annoying is one of my big coffee jars of coins. I had workmen coming and I cleared the kitchen for them, I put 4 jars of coins in the cellar and left them there for several weeks after the workmen left, when I raked them out to get them emptied at the coin machine, there was only 3 jars, that annoyed the hell out of me and I hassled everyone about it but it's never turned up. No one knew they were there hidden away in a dark corner with the carpet shampooer in front of them and sacks of dog food as well. No one uses the cellar except me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Or maybe the Magpies has stolen them. lol

In my house, if it's not Gertie pinched things, it'll be the Gremlins again.
I'm used to 'em now.

I find them usually most active when I'm tired, busy or preoccupied, and not looking what I'm doing. They often take advantage then.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 04:24 PM

our remote control went missing about 2 years ago, we turned the house upside down, looked in the bins, looked down all the cushions on the sofa and to this day it has never turned up. We ended up buying a new one. It was very strange as we always left it on the coffee table

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top