Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 10:54 AM

Re: Passengers Abandon Train

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
FFS Joe, why do you get so upset and annoyed with people all the time? I think you need another interest apart from politics as it's clearly making you a grumpy old bugger.
He's derailed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 11:01 AM

I saw this on the news last night. I was more worried for them in case a ‘fluke’ train came whizzing by!
I didn’t even think about live rails. I thought it was all overhead.

You live and learn!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
All these people getting off the train - so bloody lucky they didn't brush the conductor rail and get electrocuted or knocked down by train approaching from the opposite direction.

https://www.aol.co.uk/video/passenge...4e30f6b1f00e3/
Complete IDIOTS!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 11:50 AM

I don't blame them in the least.

Did you see how close they were to the station platform????

It wasn't half a mile in dangerous terrain, it was just a few yards!!

If the railway workers had any initiative at all theyd have worked out a safe walkway for them...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=ruthio;1360080]I don't blame them in the least.

If the railway workers had any initiative at all theyd have worked out a safe walkway for them...[
/QUOTE]

What railway workers Ruth darlin' ??? - This was a Driver only train, no guards or other train staff to ensure the safety of the passengers because the train companies want to do away with the position of 'train guard' to save £13 Million costs. However their action in doing so puts passengers lives at risk.

Incidentally, you don't have to actually 'touch' a 'live' rail, it is capable of arcing a couple of feet, so any of those passengers carrying bags with metal zips or metal catches or wearing anything with metal zips or clips were even further at risk, and were bloody lucky to be alive and unhurt.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

If the railway workers had any initiative at all theyd have worked out a safe walkway for them...
What railway workers Ruthio?
They were probably hoping the passengers would push the train into the station for them.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:54 PM

They were very foolish, endangering themselves and delaying others. But people do foolish things in these conditions.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 05:16 PM

Statement from BTP:

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/03/0...assing-on-the/
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 07:08 PM

[QUOTE=Uncle Joe;1360094]
Originally Posted by ruthio ->

If the railway workers had any initiative at all theyd have worked out a safe walkway for them...[
/QUOTE]

Incidentally, you don't have to actually 'touch' a 'live' rail, it is capable of arcing a couple of feet, so any of those passengers carrying bags with metal zips or metal catches or wearing anything with metal zips or clips were even further at risk, and were bloody lucky to be alive and unhurt.
IF what you say is true why does it not arch to the train rail 6 inches away from it.

You do talk some rubbish
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->

IF what you say is true why does it not arch to the train rail 6 inches away from it.

You do talk some rubbish
Ive no idea, I understood the power was already turned off because of "trespassers" further up the line.

Im probably wrong, fair enough, but even so theres no reason for you to be so bloody rude.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top