Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 09:01 PM

Re: Remember remember.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The threads silent so not upset me at all, it's the world war going on all around us that's annoying me. How do people afford to chuck all that money into the air too ?
I was thinking the very same thing myself Julie. It reminded me of when my best friend and I were 17, we went off to buy a £10 box of fireworks from the newsagent and set them off in her garden. Her dad was shaking his head saying "money up in smoke". Seems some people are still loaded enough to afford grand displays.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 09:03 PM

Love them or hate them ... fireworks are bad news and a real terror for cats and dogs and other wildlife.

And a nightmare for owners trying to figure out when it's safe to let their furry friends out.
I'd be all in favour of confining bonfire night to one night .. no more, and between set hours.
Impossible to implement though I would think.

Sounds like trench warfare where I live.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 11:37 PM

Has no-one made a guy?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
They're going off here round about... and it's chucking down
WW111 & it's pouring down here too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 12:30 AM

They have a huge organised display in the park just behind my garden.
My old dog who I lost last year couldn't cope at all, it was pitiful to see her. You just had to pack up what you were doing and sit with her till it stopped.
These younger ones I have now are not too bad as long as I am with them and I turn the telly up.

I do feel for the birds who have gone to roost in the trees in the park. To suddenly have the sky lit up around them and the terrific bangs going on and on must be terrifying for them.

I went in my garden earlier as they were right overhead, and took loads of photo's which I will have a look at tomorrow and see if any are worth posting. I like all the pretty colours, but I don't like the huge bangs at all.

It made it even more magical because it was a bright full moon as well.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They have a huge organised display in the park just behind my garden.
My old dog who I lost last year couldn't cope at all, it was pitiful to see her. You just had to pack up what you were doing and sit with her till it stopped.
These younger ones I have now are not too bad as long as I am with them and I turn the telly up.

I do feel for the birds who have gone to roost in the trees in the park. To suddenly have the sky lit up around them and the terrific bangs going on and on must be terrifying for them.

I went in my garden earlier as they were right overhead, and took loads of photo's which I will have a look at tomorrow and see if any are worth posting. I like all the pretty colours, but I don't like the huge bangs at all.

It made it even more magical because it was a bright full moon as well.
It is difficult taking pics of fireworks Mups.
Where can I see pics of your pets, please?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
It is difficult taking pics of fireworks Mups.
Where can I see pics of your pets, please?

There's loads in my albums in my profile page Sweetie.
Dogs past and present, my goats, and even one of my old sheep, Penny.
Mostly old pics. now though.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

05-11-2017, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
There's loads in my albums in my profile page Sweetie.
Dogs past and present, my goats, and even one of my old sheep, Penny.
Mostly old pics. now though.
Goats!! I love them.
I will go and look - Thank-you.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 01:30 AM

When I were a lad, it never occurred to me or any of my friends to do fireworks on any night other than bonfire night. Well, except the bangers we used to put in cow pats, or the amazing discovery that bangers worked underwater once they had started fizzing.

We used to wedge bangers in the bricks that had three holes in them, light them then drop them in the green murky water next to the unidentified buildings on the disused airfield near where we lived.
We were amazed by the bubbles of smoke that came to the surface followed by the whoosh as the bangers exploded deep down out of sight and released huge green gas bubbles.

Now I am growed up, a bit, I see the error of my ways.

Our first dog had the courage of a mouse and it would take hours of encouragement in the garden to get her to do what a doggie needs to do afore bed.
Our second dog was a big brave boy, and thoroughly enjoyed himself jumping and barking at every firework in the night sky on Millenium night.
Our next dog wasn't phased by fireworks at all, but our current dog seeks the comfort of her pack by climbing on us whenever she hears a bang.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 08:43 AM

not seen many around this way,a few bangs in the distant,

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top