Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:10 AM

Re: Sentient beings

Very interesting stuff, Omah. I wonder when we will land probes on the moons of Jupiter and Saturn ?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Very interesting stuff, Omah. I wonder when we will land probes on the moons of Jupiter and Saturn ?
NASA probes could be on their way to explore the Jupiter moon Europa in the early to mid-2020s, and the Saturn satellite Enceladus in 2021.
https://www.space.com/30419-alien-li...s-mission.html

Of course, travelling time to those moons is in the region of 5-10 years, so arrival time, at the earliest, will be the 2030's.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:25 AM

I've always been in equal quantities both worried and excited each time we send probes up, excited they might find someone but worried if they do we will shoot first and think later. I don't give them much chance if they land in some countries at all !
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't want to make light of your story Susan but they walked back to the hotel with these beings following? I would have been running that's for sure.

I do think you are right though there is more than we understand, maybe they were time travelers from our future
I asked sister the same question summer I said I would have run , she said they were all in a sort of quiet shock so they walked together , she said it was a strange soft energy quite surreal. I really believe her .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I asked sister the same question summer I said I would have run , she said they were all in a sort of quiet shock so they walked together , she said it was a strange soft energy quite surreal. I really believe her .
I think I do too, there are things out there we have no idea about IMO
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 12:07 PM

If there was other life, intelligent life, out there it'd be a bit of a shock to Mankind wouldn't it. Doubt we'd get our heads around it.

Too much of a shock.
Religions would have to be rewritten and our own arrogance would prevent us even entertaining the idea that we had an equal ..let alone a superior. As a species we don't really do humble.

Of course, should they be real clever they'd introduce themselves to us as destitute refugees.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 12:48 PM

I forgot to add that sister told me that they had very high foreheads and faces similar to human but much longer that's how she could see them smiling .
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 01:42 PM

Everyone asks the same question, Is there life in the Universe, of course there is, we are here, the question should be, Is there intelligent life in the Universe, of course there is, we are here. Maybe the question should be, Are there any other intelligent species in the Universe?

What about the real question....What if there isn’t?
That’s not improbable...take a look at the Fermi Paradox.

The Fermi paradox or Fermi's paradox, named after physicist Enrico Fermi, is the apparent contradiction between the lack of evidence and high probability estimates[1] for the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations.[2] The basic points of the argument, made by physicists Enrico Fermi (1901–1954) and Michael H. Hart (born 1932), are:

There are billions of stars in the galaxy that are similar to the Sun,[3][4] many of which are billions of years older than Earth.[5][6]
With high probability, some of these stars will have Earth-like planets,[7][8] and if the Earth is typical, some might develop intelligent life.
Some of these civilizations might develop interstellar travel, a step the Earth is investigating now.
Even at the slow pace of currently envisioned interstellar travel, the Milky Way galaxy could be completely traversed in a few million years.[9]
According to this line of reasoning, the Earth should have already been visited by extraterrestrial aliens. In an informal conversation, Fermi noted no convincing evidence of this, leading him to ask, "Where is everybody?"[10][11] There have been many attempts to explain the Fermi paradox,[12][13] primarily either suggesting that intelligent extraterrestrial life is extremely rare or proposing reasons that such civilizations have not contacted or visited Earth.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 02:22 PM

I am working with and mentoring a graduate student who is among many looking at the composition and attributes of exoplanetary atmospheres. The interesting thing is that he isn't looking for life, just the possibility of it within the work of other teams locating the habitable zones of stars. Most people working in astronomy tend to think that microscopic life will probably be found in the next few decades. We already know organic molecules are out there, as they are on Mars, that are the precursors for life. The universe is so big that it seems improbable that there wouldn't be life elsewhere.

Recent advancements in our ability to identify the remnants of DNA in soil samples, without the need for fossils, are going to make it much easier to find evidence of life elsewhere in our solar system - if it existed.

A few decades ago, we couldn't imagine that life could exist in the depths of the oceans where extreme pressures and the lack of light would make it seemingly impossible, but sure enough, it exists in many forms. Why not elsewhere?

There are conservatively 40,000,000,000 habitiable planets and 100,000,000,000 observable galaxies. That means there are 40,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 possbilities for sustaining some kind of life. That's a lot of opportunities for nature to play around and get it right from time to time.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 05:58 PM

Hi

If we are ever visited by extraterrestrial lifeforms the technology they possess will be many orders of magnitude ahead of anything that we have.

The best we could hope for is that they are peaceable.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top