Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 08:32 AM

Re: Not a good night.

Do these wretched little things serve any purpose at all?

One hand and my arm are still sore.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 08:46 AM

Not gnats, but these very minute fruit flies - they are my bane - have cans of 'Raid' fly spray - one in the kitchen, one here in the lounge beside me and one in the bedroom.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 09:22 AM

Oh poor Mups. No I've never had them in my bedroom thank goodness.

I would suggest putting some netting over your window - that way you could still have it open.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 09:29 AM

Sorry to hear you had a bad night Mups.

We don't really get mozzies here now but I used to at my last house so I used to buy Jungle formula plug-ins which kills them within a few minutes of entering the room. I know it's like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut but it certainly works. You have to keep pets out of the room though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sorry to hear you had a bad night Mups.

We don't really get mozzies here now but I used to at my last house so I used to buy Jungle formula plug-ins which kills them within a few minutes of entering the room. I know it's like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut but it certainly works. You have to keep pets out of the room though.

Thank you dongles.
Not sure about the plug-in though, if it is harmful to pets, not sure I would fancy breathing it in it all night either?

Carol
, I've got net curtains, but the horrid little blighters still find a way through.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 09:35 AM

Mups I get bitten while in bed I often have mosquitoes in the bedroom and spend ages chasing them around in the night.

I guess having the windows wide open at night is part of the problem when I live in the countryside surrounded by farm animals. It is so mild at the moment the insects are still very active.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you dongles.
Not sure about the plug-in though, if it is harmful to pets, not sure I would fancy breathing it in it all night either?

Carol
, I've got net curtains, but the horrid little blighters still find a way through.
It didn't do me any harm Mups;

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 09:44 AM

Spiders are the problem around these parts, big as donkeys some of them so I keep windows closed this time of year.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 10:15 AM

Hubby does suffer so with bites.

He was bitten quite a lot on holiday in spain and when we got back it continued. We do have the window open and he mostly sleeps out of the bed. Ended up at doctors for antibiotics it was that bad.

I take antihistamine tablets each day so don't suffer as much as he does.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 10:18 AM

Although, l don’t have my windows open at night, l do in the day.
I check my walls in the bedroom and en suite before l go to bed as there is usually something that bites, lurking on the walls!

I did find this piece below interesting and now l realise why l am always getting bitten. My blood group is type O (Rhesus Negative)!.........

Mosquitoes bite us to harvest proteins from our blood—research shows that they find certain blood types more appetizing than others. One study found that in a controlled setting, mosquitoes landed on people with Type O blood nearly twice as often as those with Type A. People with Type B blood fell somewhere in the middle of this itchy spectrum. Additionally, based on other genes, about 85 percent of people secrete a chemical signal through their skin that indicates which blood type they have, while 15 percent do not, and mosquitoes are also more attracted to secretors than nonsecretors regardless of which type they are.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top