Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 07:57 PM

Re: What’s your favourite kind of shop?

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
And them!

And B&M and Home Bargains. And The Range. And Wilko. And Maplins.
Ooohhh yes, I do like Wilkos but the car parking charges I have to pay to visit the nearest one stops me from doing it as often as I would like
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 08:42 PM

Probably Harvey Nichols or John Lewis although I often don't buy anything; they're just close to my house and handy to go in to if it's raining.

I dislike the barren wasteland that is Debenhams or, even worse, BHS.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Probably Harvey Nichols or John Lewis although I often don't buy anything; they're just close to my house and handy to go in to if it's raining.

I dislike the barren wasteland that is Debenhams or, even worse, BHS.
Debenhams, yuk. Always depresses me in there.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 10:06 PM

Craft shops and pet shops, especially ones I can take Betty into she loves pets at home !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 10:19 PM

Wilko's, pet shops, garden centres, and sometimes Dunelm - you can get a cup of tea and a cake at our Dunelm too.

There's probably more, but I can't think at the mo.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 10:27 PM

I love pound shops & any cheap outlet types & Asda. Almost forgot, charity shops.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 10:57 PM

My favourite shop is the local DIY shop 'Handyman House' it is like an Aladin's cave.
You can buy small packets of nails and screws rather than a whole box full. They also have rarely seen cleaning products and polish and gardening fabric on rolls so you can buy just a small amount.
The staff are very good too , there are lots of them and they will carry stuff to the car.
Delivery is free if you spend £20.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 01:10 AM

No contest. Pikes Place Market in Seattle, Washington. It's a kind of gigantic farmer's market where you can buy fresh seafood, including live lobsters, cheeses from all over the world, coffee ground to your specifications, breads of every imaginable description, meat shops filled with magnificently aged-beef, crisp fresh vegetables and fruits, a stall that sells nothing but chocolate, and pastry shops selling everything from chocolate eclairs to Danish pastries, fresh doughnuts and cannoli.

A true delight for the senses.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 02:46 AM

Greggs
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 04:27 AM

What some people might call junk shops, they aren't that to me though. I love poking around for hidden treasures, I like places like Bay Tree Interiors too just to get ideas )

I can spend whole days having a great time shopping and not buy a thing especially with a girlfriend, men have no stamina when it comes to shopping

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top