Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 08:30 PM

Re: Winter is coming.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
How about some thermal long johns ?
😁😁😁

My legs are too short I'd have to stuff loads of excess leg and foot down me wellies.😁😁😁
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Me no likey the cold.
I will jet off somewhere warm - I wish.
Doesn"t totally bother me , but I will be going to Mauritius first weeks of February for some nice Winter sun.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 10:22 PM

I like it a bit bracing .. I might wear a scarf on a bitter cold day but otherwise I dress pretty much the same now we have such mild winters.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 10:46 PM

I have to cover my ears if there's a cold wind, else I get ear ache.
Always been the same.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Me no likey the cold.
I will jet off somewhere warm - I wish.

Just buy bottle of Brandy Sweetie darlin' or a bottle of Pusser's Rum - they'll keep you nice and warm !!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have to cover my ears if there's a cold wind, else I get ear ache.
Always been the same.

Mups darlin' - you need one of these - not only keeps the head warm, but tie the flaps down under your chin and it'll keep your ears warm too!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Russian-Sovie..._&dpSrc=detail
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Just buy bottle of Brandy Sweetie darlin' or a bottle of Pusser's Rum - they'll keep you nice and warm !!!
I'll be round in a minute Joe.
I am feeling cold today, but trying to avoid wearing a jumper yet.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Mups darlin' - you need one of these - not only keeps the head warm, but tie the flaps down under your chin and it'll keep your ears warm too!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Russian-Sovie..._&dpSrc=detail
I'll vouch for that - I have a genuine ex-military unused Ushanka hat that the Czech army were selling off because they were overstocked. Warm and rainproof to boot.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 03:08 PM

Well after saying in one of the forums last week that we don't really put the heating on much, guess what over the weekend we put the heating on, it was so cold, or was it just the wind that made us think we were cold.

Didn't wear any of my jumpers last year but already I have put a cardigan on. Me and winter are a no no don't like the cold.

A trip to the Canaries booked.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 09:19 PM

I hope we have a lovely clean, crisp, frosty, sunny winter. Love it like that

It's this dampness that gets to me and makes me feel chilled.

Considering our winter months are usually a lot milder than they used to be, I can't understand why the shops sell such thick woollies every year, as if we're going to have Arctic weather.
Mind, having said that I suppose it depends where one lives, presumably Scotland would be a lot colder.

I'll shut up

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top