Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 10:45 PM

Re: Penalty Charge Notice £70

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Interesting Tpin. I had no idea they gave you the chance to just pay the charge.
The wording in the letter doesn't make it that clear, only when I went to pay did it become crystal, it directs you to pay the £3 and after that was paid it informs you the fine had been quashed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
The wording in the letter doesn't make it that clear, only when I went to pay did it become crystal, it directs you to pay the £3 and after that was paid it informs you the fine had been quashed.

Sounds like you won't need my cake with a file in it after all then.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 11:18 PM

If you go that way again, I wouldn't rely on them being nice enough to waive a non-payment fine a second time.

"First-time ‘offenders’ will be given a 14-day grace period when the charge notice is sent out. This allows them to pay the original charge rather than the full fine."
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
If you go that way again, I wouldn't rely on them being nice enough to waive a non-payment fine a second time.

"First-time ‘offenders’ will be given a 14-day grace period when the charge notice is sent out. This allows them to pay the original charge rather than the full fine."
I won't now I know about it.

I didn't see anywhere to pay nor signs telling you to pay.

I am not averse to paying tolls.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 10:21 AM

Just in case anyone else is not familiar with the Dart charge and is not sure how to pay it, it can be paid here.

https://www.gov.uk/pay-dartford-crossing-charge

It's easy to do and can be paid in advance or up to midnight the next day.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 09:30 PM

I won't now I know about it.

I didn't see anywhere to pay nor signs telling you to pay.

I am not averse to paying tolls.
There are signs on the approach. Maybe you didn't notice them? They wouldn't just let non suspecting drivers go across without warning them they needed to pay.

Google Dartcharge and it'll show you the road signs that have been put up.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

27-09-2017, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
There are signs on the approach. Maybe you didn't notice them? They wouldn't just let non suspecting drivers go across without warning them they needed to pay.

Google Dartcharge and it'll show you the road signs that have been put up.
I'm not doubting there are....I just didn't see them

I was sat between two rather large lorries at the time and concentrating on the heavy traffic.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

27-09-2017, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just in case anyone else is not familiar with the Dart charge and is not sure how to pay it, it can be paid here.

https://www.gov.uk/pay-dartford-crossing-charge

It's easy to do and can be paid in advance or up to midnight the next day.
The way it's run and the way it treats motorists is an example of how to do it right.....a fair system.

I'm well impressed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 10:00 AM

I'm not doubting there are....I just didn't see them

I was sat between two rather large lorries at the time and concentrating on the heavy traffic.
They are only about eight feet square.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top