Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 06:05 PM

Re: No wonder the Finnish people like Spain!

Originally Posted by Omah;1234864[B
]In that case, they were probably the real thing ..... [/B]

Which is precisely what I said earlier - I'm not in the habit of telling lies nor do care to be accused of lying!!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Which is precisely what I said earlier - I'm not in the habit of telling lies nor do care to be accused of lying!!!
Are you accusing me of accusing you of lying .....

I don't care to be accused of accusing you of lying when I merely suggested, in jest (see the wink smilie), that, maybe, the chairs you saw were reproductions .....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Are you accusing me of accusing you of lying .....

I don't care to be accused of accusing you of lying when I merely suggested, in jest (see the wink smilie), that, maybe, the chairs you saw were reproductions .....
My sense of humour doesn't extend to lying (even, as you say in jest)!!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 09:47 PM

If my lounge was designed to accept a chair like that I would most certainly buy a couple at least. But the copies at around £395 would be suitable. I once drove over six hundred miles round trip when I was a courier, working for a private collector, who gave me an envelope containing £700 pounds, plus the £150 he was paying me, to pick up a Red Leather Art Deco Swivel Chair. Upon delivery he led me into his lounge where he had a whole suite in the same design......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 09:53 PM

It's obviously not where you start, but where you Finnish.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 03:51 AM

I think they're rather cool and in the right place with decor/design to match I'd certainly have one or two.

I saw some that were very similar(I think they were made to look like a football(?).....with stereo speakers, tape and radio built in....I think they were from the 70s.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top