Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 07:20 AM

Re: the lady with the suitcase

So Im not alone... Its difficult because I suppose if I shut the bedroom window I would hear less but then I would suffocate on the stuffiness and heat.

This used to be a very quiet area but the city is expanding and where we were near the edge we are now almost in the middle as its grown around us.
Rules that used to resctrict the number of students in any one area have also been relaxed so anyone can rent any house to students! This really makes life diffcult if you live next door to students as most people have totally different hours and ideas of acceptable noise than students.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
So Im not alone... Its difficult because I suppose if I shut the bedroom window I would hear less but then I would suffocate on the stuffiness and heat.

This used to be a very quiet area but the city is expanding and where we were near the edge we are now almost in the middle as its grown around us.
Rules that used to resctrict the number of students in any one area have also been relaxed so anyone can rent any house to students! This really makes life diffcult if you live next door to students as most people have totally different hours and ideas of acceptable noise than students.

Cass darlin' - there's an implied covenant in all tenancy agreements that excessive noise between the hours of 23.00 - 07.00 is strictly verboten!!! My Environmental Health Officers have a team of out-of-hours officers Friday, Saturday & Sundays. Any excessive noise and I can call them. Their number is on 'speed dial' on my 'phone
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Cass darlin' - there's an implied covenant in all tenancy agreements that excessive noise between the hours of 23.00 - 07.00 is strictly verboten!!! My Environmental Health Officers have a team of out-of-hours officers Friday, Saturday & Sundays. Any excessive noise and I can call them. Their number is on 'speed dial' on my 'phone

excessive noise..
Thats the clue, you must have proof and to get there is a long road.
Rules are different here than in the uK
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
excessive noise..
Thats the clue, you must have proof and to get there is a long road.
Rules are different here than in the uK
Not much different here Cass, it can take months to build up a case to even get the council to take any notice of you, and it only works if the noise is consistent. For the occasional transgression from an inconsiderate neighbour it remains a minor annoyance that you can't do anything about.

I can't grumble though, it's very quiet where I live with just the gentle hum of the second hand as it sweeps itself around the clockface counting down the minutes to the moment when I have to leave this cozy paradise of dreams.....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top