Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 07:47 PM

Re: Holidays

I usually spend the days after Christmas searching for a holiday cottage/farm for myself and my sons family for June but we are not having a family holiday this year. Their new house will be completed in March and another set of twins are due in April so no time for a holiday
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 10:08 AM

We've had some brilliant holidays in the past but now our passports have expired we've decided not to renew them. From now on it's holidays in the UK for us.

I've got 2 short breaks at Warner hotels booked which I'm looking forward to in February & April and hope for more later in the year.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 10:48 AM

Nothing planned, though there are still some destinations I'd like to see. Waiting for my bank account to settle down after the recent huge payouts.

Car and quarterly bills due in February, so maybe after then and if no dog chosen yet, I'll have a think.

Am still hankering after a good holiday in Dorset, but have not got the hotel I wanted in Bournemouth for the air show, as my favourite room was already reserved last year, so at least I'm not tied down now to specific dates. I'd quite like a caravan rental so will wait until car all done (I like to know it's fully roadworthy before planning long drives), then will consider.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I tend to go on weekend coach trips and wait until the prices have been reduced usually about four weeks before departure .... I had my first weekend away last weekend to Harrogate. Of course as I need a single room I have to take what's available or not bother.

I've booked for the Isle of Wight in March (brrrr ... ) Monday to Friday .... a bargain at £109 including single room supplement and also a weekend on 7th April to visit Bath and Glastonbury.

I try to get away about once a month and managed to have 17 short breaks last year
You certainly make the most of it. Well done.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I usually spend the days after Christmas searching for a holiday cottage/farm for myself and my sons family for June but we are not having a family holiday this year. Their new house will be completed in March and another set of twins are due in April so no time for a holiday
Congratulations to all the family, exciting times ahead. Two sets of twins 👬 👭 👏👏👏
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 12:51 PM

Sounds like busy times ahead for many of us, hope everyone enjoys their holidays and those stay at home enjoy that too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Congratulations to all the family, exciting times ahead. Two sets of twins 👬 👭 👏👏👏
Thanks Mel , it will be three sets actually my youngest granddaughter started out as a twin but one died early on in the pregnancy . It seems my DIL only ever has twins

I thought I had done my share of nappy changing, I am getting too old. Still if the new twins are anything like the other three littlies all will be well.

We are going to need a bus for the next family holiday
mesco m
manchester

29-01-2017, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Thanks Mel , it will be three sets actually my youngest granddaughter started out as a twin but one died early on in the pregnancy . It seems my DIL only ever has twins

I thought I had done my share of nappy changing, I am getting too old. Still if the new twins are anything like the other three littlies all will be well.

We are going to need a bus for the next family holiday
I can just imagine it. A bus load of family chaos. And all that packing 🚎 😂
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 03:44 PM

Wow you are all so busy.

This will be our first holiday together for nearly 15 years. each year there has been some crisis or obstruction stopping us from getting away somewhere togther.

Health problems of our own or family, animals who couldnt travel or be boarded, finacial reasons you name it weve had it cause us to give up on holidays and now this might be our last chance before OH gets too ill so humble though it might be Im hoping for a nice time..

In the meantime we will have odd days out here and there things that dont tax OH too much.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 07:06 PM

Hi Cass ... I hope everything goes according to plan and you have a great time

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top