Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 09:49 PM

Re: What's the worst thing you have said at a job interview?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Half way through I suddenly went pale and said I think I'm going to be sick, was pointed to the loos and didn't get the job oddly consoled myself with I didn't want it anyway and went back to my current job and really do now enjoy it so it was for the best.
You would have nailed it, if you had been an applicant for a job with the NHS, as a mystery patient.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 10:08 PM

The first interview I had was when I was 14, and I was so scared I hardly said anything, just kept nodding and shaking me head as he spoke, he was given the answers anyway with questions like “I hear you like working with your hands don’t you?” and “You know we start apprentices with low wages don’t you?”
As soon as I got the hang of things I became very confident and the only question really was how much more he would pay me than my last employer, I think they like confidence in a person, not to be confused with cockiness though, nobody likes that.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 11:21 PM

Not a job interview this but an end to a job.
I was contracted on part time hours as my children were still in school. My manageress was the bullying sort although she had never done it with me.
One day she said "From now on you will work full time". She was way down the managerial ladder. I knew that my work was valued by some one further up the ladder.

On my break I wrote out my resignation and handed it to her.
She panicked and told me she had only been joking. I told her that I certainly was not.

She had to inform management that they would have to advertise my position. Management sent for me and asked what the problem was. I told them.
I kept my job, she lost hers. I had a contract and she broke it.
I think they had been looking for an opportunity to get rid of her. I obliged them. Bullies get their comeuppance sooner or later.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It's so long ago, I can't remember. But in those days you generally got any job you went after, people needed you then.

I do think it was easier then Tiff, I agree.
I can't remember ever going for a job and not getting it.
Now there are so many people applying for the same job it is much harder. I think interviewing has got more sophisticated too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I was contracted on part time hours as my children were still in school. My manageress was the bullying sort although she had never done it with me.
One day she said "From now on you will work full time". She was way down the managerial ladder. I knew that my work was valued by some one further up the ladder.

She panicked and told me she had only been joking. I told her that I certainly was not.

She had to inform management that they would have to advertise my position. Management sent for me and asked what the problem was. I told them.
I think they had been looking for an opportunity to get rid of her. I obliged them. Bullies get their comeuppance sooner or later.
And so they should. Good for you.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->

An absolute classic.

Thumbs up sorta smiley ...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I do think it was easier then Tiff, I agree.
I can't remember ever going for a job and not getting it.
Now there are so many people applying for the same job it is much harder. I think interviewing has got more sophisticated too.
You are right about all that too.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 05:49 AM

Hi

I followed the path, Student, first job, Senior, Principal.

Then the big step up, Assistant Director. very young for the job, ten years younger than the others.

Why do you want the Job?

Simple response.

I am very young for this job, rapid promotion, I appreciate that I am much younger than the others.

I need this job, I will work my butt off for you.

The reason I need it?

My MIL is driving me round the bend, I need to get away, this is the job that is furthest away from her.

I got the job.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I followed the path, Student, first job, Senior, Principal.

Then the big step up, Assistant Director. very young for the job, ten years younger than the others.

Why do you want the Job?

Simple response.

I am very young for this job, rapid promotion, I appreciate that I am much younger than the others.

I need this job, I will work my butt off for you.

The reason I need it?

My MIL is driving me round the bend, I need to get away, this is the job that is furthest away from her.

I got the job.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The reason I need it?

I got the job.
I suspect that most married men could relate to this and so, assuming the interview panel included such people, that would be seen as a favourable response!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top