Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 07:59 AM

Re: The one that got away .........

Yes I often wonder about ex boyfriends there is a coffee shop in Leeds I avoid it's still there after all these years where a young man asked me to marry him no idea why I avoid going in it.

Another who wanted a serious relationship I looked up on Facebook, it's amazing how people age differently I remember him as very good looking, girlfriends were so jealous when he showed an interest in me. He is still tall and slim and he did very well in life but I wouldn't have recognised him from his profile....

I wonder do men look up old girlfriends or is that just a female thing?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Shadowman ->
Well, one of the ones that "got away" was dishonest and unfaithful. Another one turned out to believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible, was apparently not interested in a any physical aspect of a relationship, - - AND had a cat!
Except for the cat, that sounds just like one of my old flames.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 07:33 PM

I doubt i have been the cause of anyone's regret, but i do have one of my own.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 08:04 PM

I dont have any in mind "that got away"....If I wasnt with them then it was for a good reason....the love of my life got away so to speak...he was killed by a reckless driver..so yes he did get away!
Apart from him there was no one that could match up.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 08:04 PM

Not regret really more curiosity about what might have been ...
The first boy I ever went out with was a farmer, I was too shy in those days to maintain a relationship and settled for admiring him from afar .

I saw the man in question a few years ago when I went home to attend a family funeral, he had never married and was still farming having inherited the family farm.

I always saw myself as the wife of a farmer, never in a million years as a soldiers wife.
How different my life might have been had I stayed at home and married a farmer ...
devon56
London
devon56 is male  devon56 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 08:51 PM

I had one slip through my fingers over 25 years ago. Looks like I've now got a second chance with the same person....
devon56
London
devon56 is male  devon56 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I wonder do men look up old girlfriends or is that just a female thing?
We do as well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I had so many before I met Mrs Fox it's hard to narrow it down......Never been unfaithful to Mrs Fox since though...

I bet there are plenty who consider me the one that got away...
Or perhaps they threw you back?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Or perhaps they threw you back?
Yes Longdogs that is the most likely explanation. I was a bit of a cad in those days.......
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 12:09 PM

An Irish chef...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top