Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 03:13 PM

Re: Ben Needham: mum told to prepare for the worst.

I'd rather them spend their money on finding youngsters than pathetic neighbour disputes, car park trolley dings and some other public calls that are a total waste of money and resources.

Oooh my cats up a tree.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I'd rather them spend their money on finding youngsters than pathetic neighbour disputes, car park trolley dings and some other public calls that are a total waste of money and resources.

Oooh my cats up a tree.
Mmmm, they haven't found them though have they, they've done no better than the local plods?. A complete waste of resources.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Whilst I have every sympathy with anyone that loses a child, I shudder to think what this case and that of the McCanns have cost the taxpayer.

Apparently South Yorks police have just announced another £1m investigation into the Needham case on top of what has been spent in the last 25 years or so, but just remind me in these days of slashed budgets and manpower shortages at home, what South Yorks police have to do with an incident in Greece, or what the Met has to do with an incident in Portugal?

It seems that it is either a case of "he who shouts loudest gets most", or it is just a great excuse for a few days in the sun for a privilidged few coppers. Either way the spending of such vast sums on incidents abroad over which our police have no jurisdiction pees me off big time and needs to stop pronto.
I can fully understand your thoughts on this Barry, but I am sure that, if the child was one of our family, we would want the same. I was on Kos 2-3 years after this happened and I saw faded photos of Ben still stuck on trees, which hardly filled me with confidence that the local police were likely to find him.
We don't know any details yet, but I have to say that Ben was 20 months old and I would never have allowed a child so young to play alone outside , if I could hear diggers nearby.
The real tragedy is that his mum was allowed to hope that he could be found alive for 25 years, and why the hell did nobody thoroughly investigate where these diggers were being used!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 05:00 PM

If it is found to be that case that little Ben died at the farmhouse and people knew how he died but did not come forward I think they should be charged with obstructing the police

At the very least they could have let the police know anonymously that the child died as a result of an accident .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 05:04 PM

You'd think there'd be a law against disposing of a body or knowingly concealing a death ..even if it was an accidental death.

Unless there is one.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 05:08 PM

It's all speculation!
Dead men don't lie! Live ones can say anything they want!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You'd think there'd be a law against disposing of a body or knowingly concealing a death ..even if it was an accidental death.

Unless there is one.
Hi

It is in the UK under certain circumstances.

The law is however hilarious in some respects.

A few years ago, an EHO found a dead body under the table in a food preparation room in Wolverhampton.

It was the body of an illegal immigrant who the other people in the kitchen had no idea what to do with, so had stuffed him under the table.

It was not an offence to have a dead body in a kitchen, simply because nobody had ever thought of it so it was not included in the legislation.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 06:05 PM

I'd like to think you're kidding Swims ... but you're probably not.

I suppose ... if you dumped the body in the non-recyclable wheelie bin though the local council might fine you for dumping the wrong kind of rubbish.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 06:06 PM

Better wait and see if they find a body first, this may be just another blind alley.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

16-09-2016, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It's all speculation!
Dead men don't lie! Live ones can say anything they want!
You're right there and it did cross my mind too.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top