Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 08:07 AM

Re: I dislike holidays

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
When you are retired everyday is a holiday so you just need a change of scenery.

Welcome to these forums Quetta which I have to say are very friendly.
Thanks. I was on another senior forum which claimed to be friendly, but the knives soon came out when I posted some controversial topics, so I will reserve judgement.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 08:25 AM

Quetta, everyone has a right to their own oipinion whether you agree with it or not.

If you dont agree with it that is your problem.

It does not give anyone the right to be vindictive or abusive to someone who they disagree with.
I hope that you have a great time here and post whatever you want to as long as it is not foul mouthed, I can not stand foul mouthed people.

When people start to use foul language they have lost the discussion IMO.

I do not think you will get any knives flying around on these forums.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Quetta, everyone has a right to their own oipinion whether you agree with it or not.

If you dont agree with it that is your problem.

It does not give anyone the right to be vindictive or abusive to someone who they disagree with.
I hope that you have a great time here and post whatever you want to as long as it is not foul mouthed, I can not stand foul mouthed people.

When people start to use foul language they have lost the discussion IMO.

I do not think you will get any knives flying around on these forums.
I certainly won't be using bad language, but I will probably post some thought provoking topics, and will not take offense if people don't see it my way. BTW the name is qetta, there is no 'U' in it. Those are my grandchildren's initials.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 10:18 AM

Those are my grandchildren's initials.

What a good idea Qetta, I am going to try and work out one for me like that.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 10:29 AM

I love going away in the caravan with the dogs. We have so many lovely places to visit in this country I don't feel the urge to travel abroad anymore.

Welcome to the forum Qetta.
Dancingsky
None

06-09-2010, 10:35 AM

We have had several caravans over the years, but I can't say I enjoyed caravanning much and I refused to tow. We bought our last one in 2006, it was all mod cons, but we only used it once. In December of that year my husband was struck down with a brain haemorrhage, which nearly did for him. When it was quite clear he wouldn't ever drive again I sold it.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 01:49 PM

I love caravanning, I don't even mind the towing. I know exactly what accommodation I have and how clean it is, I always like the food, we have no electricity so no TV, it's relaxing!
Dancingsky
None

06-09-2010, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
I love caravanning, I don't even mind the towing. I know exactly what accommodation I have and how clean it is, I always like the food, we have no electricity so no TV, it's relaxing!
Whatever turns you on, it would be a very dull world if were were all the same.

If I have to go away I prefer a decent hotel with en suite and everything done for me!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
Thanks. I was on another senior forum which claimed to be friendly, but the knives soon came out when I posted some controversial topics, so I will reserve judgement.

You will get that on all forums best to ignor the bullies.

Where are you from in Wales.

I was brought in Rhyl and as you say it was Sun and sand except winter.

Have only taken 3 Holidays in my life most a waste of money.

PS dont let the old farts get you down I find your posts interesting.
Dancingsky
None

06-09-2010, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
You will get that on all forums best to ignor the bullies.

Where are you from in Wales.

I was brought in Rhyl and as you say it was Sun and sand except winter.

Have only taken 3 Holidays in my life most a waste of money.

PS dont let the old farts get you down I find your posts interesting.
Well I will try not to upset people too much, but I do have a habit of telling it like it is from my perspective and I won't apologise for that.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top