Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 04:17 PM

Re: Fuming, failed credit check.

I never buy on credit either.....my mortgage was paid off 30 years ago, we are very lucky I know but even my Jag was paid for with cash.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Those two missed payment have gone down on your History ,
even though you paid it off ..

Hope you can move on and get your phone
I didn't miss any payments.
I paid my mortgage off in full and cancelled the standing orders.
They must have made a mistake and tried to take payments AFTER I'd paid it.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I have a very cheap and very old Samsung phone, very rarely used at all.
It has a PAYGO SIM card that I credit win £10 once a year (if it needs it)
I can't understand anyone having any other kind...to me it is a total waste of money.
Originally Posted by realspeed ->
i have a very old phone on pay as you go. last time used was when in hospital last year
Jeez, talk about missing the point.....and by a country mile.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You have a case then , im sure you will sort it , Keep Calm ,
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 04:22 PM

Jeez, talk about missing the point.....and by a country mile.
Sorry... I didn't miss the point at all.
I am very sympathetic but what can I say ... This is life in the 21st century.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 04:24 PM

Sounds like one department not talking to another
The payment couldn't be collected because the standing order was cancelled and the department that deals with payments didn't realise the mortgage was paid off.
They probably do now, but too late bad credit check already implemented.
I would give C&G a rocket tomorrow and some redress is in order in the form of compensation.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

17-07-2016, 04:28 PM

@Malcolm & Realspeed

My mobile phone is essential, I have to have one.
My yearly mobile bills used to be in excess of £3k and my business landline even more,!until all inclusive packages became available which resulted in my annual bill being £370 all in, no need for my business landline except for Internet access.

My complaint is that I now have a lot of hassle getting my credit report corrected because some numpty hasn't realised my mortgages have been paid off in full.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 04:29 PM

Extract from the link I gave

Sadly, this will remain on your file for 6 years and will means that gaining credit, including a mortgage, will be a real struggle.

This 'Default' will show up on your credit file and this is bad news because it ranks right up there with a County Court Judgment (CCJ). People often assume that a CCJ is the worst entry on a credit file (apart obviously from bankruptcy) but in reality most lenders view CCJs and Defaults as one and the same.

Nothing to stop you getting a pay as you go phone

get one like mine and it won't cost much second hand
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

17-07-2016, 04:33 PM

Sadly, this will remain on your file for 6 years and will means that gaining credit, including a mortgage, will be a real struggle.

This 'Default' will show up on your credit file and this is bad news because it ranks right up there with a County Court Judgment (CCJ). People often assume that a CCJ is the worst entry on a credit file (apart obviously from bankruptcy) but in reality most lenders view CCJs and Defaults as one and the same.
It will be corrected, they have no choice.
It's the embarrassment and hassle involved.
Thankfully I won't need another mortgage and I've just bought a car so no panic as of yet.

What is worrying, and if they don't remove it I will get lawyers involved, is that the size of contracts I deal with a credit check is required.

I need a phone with online capabilities.
I'm not retired, I run a business from my mobile.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 04:33 PM

Nothing to stop you getting a pay as you go phone
Bazza I understand an incorrect entry can be changed or a note of correction added...

If you find something on your Experian report you disagree with please let us know. You can do this very easily using our online query form. We will then contact the organisation that provided the data on your behalf to investigate it. While we do this we will also add a note to your credit report to make it clear that the accuracy of the entry has been questioned. As soon as we receive a response we will let you know what they have said and what action we can take. If they agree to change the entry, they will authorise us to update our records. They should also send updates to any other credit reference agencies they use. If they don’t agree with you and refuse to change it, you can add a notice of correction to your credit report to register your comments. A notice of correction is a written statement of up to 200 words that you can send to us to include alongside your report. If necessary, we will also be able to help you escalate the dispute to a third party arbitrator, such as the Information Commissioner’s Office. We always check information before it is added to credit reports and we take our data accuracy responsibilities very seriously indeed. We work very closely with lenders to identify and minimise errors from occurring. For example, we carry out hundreds of extensive checks on all information before any detail is added to someone’s credit report. This data is then regularly reviewed and updated to keep it accurate and up to date. While mistakes are extremely rare – certainly ones that might affect the outcome of a credit application - we work hard to help people better understand credit referencing and the importance of checking their credit report. (October 2012)
As the error was on the part of C&G I don't see any reason why they would't agree to amending the inaccurate data.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top