Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 10:32 AM

Re: Grrr, what a start to the day.

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Bish, bash, bosh

Good on yer, SF.
But do be careful.
Thats your guess , but if that was true , how could an ill man win a fight with the man of the description in the post .

I do see the man needed a taste of his own medicine . But Swim states he was ill , so did swim hit him with a weapon? ,

Im doing a Criminology course at the moment and for our next session I have to pick a case in the paper or where ever to discuss , so thats why i need to know .I may use this for my case study
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Forget that Eliza.

There is a world of difference between Martial Arts and close combat.

It is incredibly easy to kill someone with a single blow.

There is a World of difference between that and disabling someone with a finger.

It is not a matter of strength, but a matter of technique and timing.

It takes many hours of training just to have the capability of not panicking in the face of aggression.

I am not brave, I am not Tpin and his mates, there is no way I would charge a machine gun post.

I hold them in awe, far better people than I could ever be.

I am a much more a sneak up behind them and capture them sort of person.

Pig ignorant bullies like the one I dealt with this morning are idiots.

They do not stand a chance against trained individuals.

The problem is the professionals.

Fortunately, ISIS are not professionals. whilst I have respect for their Scientists, their troops are useless, just bullies who run away when challenged.

They rely on terror as a weapon, which, when push comes to shove, is no weapon at all.

Put the professionals in, on the ground and ISIS are lost.

The backers and scientists will take much longer to get rid of, but we can do it.
Neither would I.
Sod that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Thats your guess , but if that was true , how could an ill man win a fight with the man of the description in the post .

I do see the man needed a taste of his own medicine . But Swim states he was ill , so did swim hit him with a weapon? ,

Im doing a Criminology course at the moment and for our next session I have to pick a case in the paper or where ever to discuss , so thats why i need to know .I may use this for my case study
Hi

No

Hit him with a single finger in the chest.

Whilst my IP address remains the same, I am not at home.

The wonders of modern technology.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 11:01 AM

Hi

No

Hit him with a single finger in the chest.

Whilst my IP address remains the same, I am not at home.

The wonders of modern technology.
In that case then you used reasonable force , are you being cautioned and will this effect your work ?
Id like to hear the follow up to this incident .

My OH and Son are both Brown Belts in Karate , was it a Karate move you used ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 11:10 AM

I am not brave, I am not Tpin and his mates, there is no way I would charge a machine gun post.
I am a much more a sneak up behind them and capture them sort of person.
Ah! Reminds me of a page in my Monty Python's Big Red Book (which I think I still have somewhere):

Llapp Goch - the ancient Welsh art of self defence.

The secret of this deadly martial art is, apparently, to sneak up and kill your opponent before he has even thought about attacking you.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 11:42 AM

Respect, swimmy. Time to retire? Hope your day gets better.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 11:51 AM

The problem here is that violence begets violence.

Force and violence does not result in changing men's hearts and minds. You win the day, but the guy doesn't learn anything about treating his kid or partner better. In fact he will likely feel so pee'd off and humiliated that he may well take it out on the child/partner with increased vigour.

Self-defence is useful in today's world to protect yourself, but to use it to intervene in domestic violence is somewhat precarious. If it were a Saturday night fight and you tackled 2-3 youths beating up a guy, then you would likely save that guy a lot of harm and the youths would go away and think little of it and they would of course be back the following Saturday for more revelry and fighting. They would likely never see the guy they were beating up again.

Domestic violence is very different. You are never going to get the aggressive male away from the wife and child. Anything you do is going to exacerbate the situation and make life worse for the victims when you are not there.

In domestic violence cases the victim's hearts and minds HAVE to change before the situation can get better. They have to reach a point where their emotions and engrained "love" give way to the rational acceptance that the man is not fit to be partnered, doesn't in any sense love them and once that epiphany is reached they have to take steps to leave/get out.

If you see domestic violence, particularly to children who cannot help themselves, then if possible, film it and take the evidence to the police and report them. Forcibly tackling the guy on this single occasion sadly solves nothing.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

08-07-2016, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The problem here is that violence begets violence.

Force and violence does not result in changing men's hearts and minds. You win the day, but the guy doesn't learn anything about treating his kid or partner better. In fact he will likely feel so pee'd off and humiliated that he may well take it out on the child/partner with increased vigour.

Self-defence is useful in today's world to protect yourself, but to use it to intervene in domestic violence is somewhat precarious. If it were a Saturday night fight and you tackled 2-3 youths beating up a guy, then you would likely save that guy a lot of harm and the youths would go away and think little of it and they would of course be back the following Saturday for more revelry and fighting. They would likely never see the guy they were beating up again.

Domestic violence is very different. You are never going to get the aggressive male away from the wife and child. Anything you do is going to exacerbate the situation and make life worse for the victims when you are not there.

In domestic violence cases the victim's hearts and minds HAVE to change before the situation can get better. They have to reach a point where their emotions and engrained "love" give way to the rational acceptance that the man is not fit to be partnered, doesn't in any sense love them and once that epiphany is reached they have to take steps to leave/get out.

If you see domestic violence, particularly to children who cannot help themselves, then if possible, film it and take the evidence to the police and report them. Forcibly tackling the guy on this single occasion sadly solves nothing.
On the first part in bold , I would worry about this too, I think the poor lady will get it when they are by themselves .

On the second part When both my OH and Son were taught Karate , it was drilled into them it was to be used in defence , not to go and use it on someone else unless themselves were attacked .

Im thinking in Swims case him being a ex Police officer , (he says he was a Law Enforcer ) his in built training leaped in to action .
So Does a Police Officer ever retire , or will they always act first no matter what .?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 12:12 PM

You are to be congratulated Swimmy, men like that deserve what they dish out, they are a disgrace to the male of the species, well done you!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 01:00 PM

Hi

Oh Dear.

I thought I had made it perfectly clear in my previous posts that I have never been either Police or Military.

Neither am I James Bond for that matter.

I was an Enforcement Officer, there are many different varieties of those in the UK.

Just one of many who work closely at times with both the Police and Military and other Enforcement Agencies.

There is absolutely no chance of me being cautioned, neither will it affect my job.

I took VR in 2014, unfortunately I still have cases going on and have been called back in because of current circumstances.

I will be out of it ASAP, I cannot wait.

As I have posted previously, my current focus is Poland and the Ukraine, where I spend a lot of time.

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top