Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 09:51 PM

Re: School sports

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Oh gosh, Julie, how awful! Did he survive?
Yes he was lucky but it really put me off and many of the others too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 09:52 PM

I liked PE, was in the Gym Club after school ... and team sports, I was in the school hockey team and the girl's cricket team. One thing I didn't like though was athletics.... I hated Sports Day
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 10:06 PM

We didn't have any sports in the primary school I went to, so I can't comment.
I was a bit of a loner until I started working at 14, even if they had school sports I was never keen on sports, although I did like swimming in the nearby river Tolka.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 07:11 AM

I loved all sports, but the only thing i was good at was running and rounders.. I had a go at hurdles but couldn't get my leg over!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 07:14 AM

Bring back Egg and Spoon, Sack, and 3 legged races, we will soon be an Empire again.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 07:43 AM

Hi

Netball, a non contact team game.

Oh Yea?

6th Form Boys versus 6th Form Girls.

What a violent bunch of sadists they were, never been so battered in any sport.

Naturally they all smiled sweetly and pretended nothing had happened.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Were you good at gymnastics or sports at school?
Did you like P.E. or Games lessons?

I hated both, I nose dived into the ground if I had to do a cartwheel, did bunny hops for my "floor sequence" and was last at Cross Country and often missed the coach home!
I wasn't bad at hockey (I liked the hitting the opponents bits) and not too bad at high jump and long jump or 100 yards sprint.
If I could get away with it I would hide in the library instead of attending lessons!
Our PE teacher at Grammar school was a sadist!
I was good at running, but had no interest in any sport, and still don't.

I take daily exercise as it is good for me, but I don't enjoy it.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 08:46 AM

I was really good at most athletics and kept it up long after leaving school. Strangely the one race I clearly remember was the Dads race when my boys were at school. They encouraged me to enter as they knew I could move a bit so I did. The other Dads were all in their shorts and running gear but I had just turned up from work so was in my trousers. Not even Jeans. Off we went, I was streets ahead when my trousers got wrapped around my ankles. Crash! Grass stains everywhere. I was game though, I got up and finished a full 60 seconds behind everyone else. Embarrassed? You bet I was.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 09:03 AM

I was no good at sports & PE at school, I couldn't stand any of them
We did the usual selection - PE, rugby, cross country running, cricket, and I hated them all
What joy when I got to university where I didn't mind the studying, but didn't have to do any sports

Oddly enough, I had enjoyed camping & games in the Scouts, and by the time I was in my late teens I had started to become interested in hiking & camping
From then right up to the present I took to hillwalking & backpacking, doing quite serious mountain walking & scrambling in all weathers, Munro bagging and so on
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
At school I used to detest football just as much as I do now. A pointless game.

Of course, I tried it all: forged sick note; forgot kit; feeling sick. Unfortunately, I was sometimes obliged to stand about pretending to join in, wishing I'd brought a small book or comic I could hide in my pocket.

Word for word what I could have written....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top