Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 09:14 AM

Re: Hillsborough

Interesting reactions.

Accidents happen - they aren't planned, that's why they are accidents. Bad planning happens too. People make mistakes for all sorts of reasons. If 96 people died and countless more lives were altered for ever because of human error that would be one thing and would warrant investigation, recrimination, censure and the rest.

When 96 people die and authority, particularly senior police, obfuscate and lie, falsify evidence, blame the victims and generally do anything to save their own necks that is quite another matter. They should face the full force of the law they sought to avoid, whatever their age.

Events like this are what make the public question The Establishment and authority and turn to renegades like Trump. If you can't trust the people who are supposed to be in charge then someone outside the system may seem attractive. Very dangerous
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I disagree, it was a disaster waiting to happen. Nobody did it on purpose, the police did not have a clue how to control a crowd and there will have been many policemen that this will have affected for the rest of their lives - they are only human and were accepting orders from someone who they thought knew what they were doing.
The deliberate falsifying of evidence and statements is unforgivable though, especially from people who are expected to be above corruption.
Hi

I totally agree.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 09:32 AM

I disagree, it was a disaster waiting to happen. Nobody did it on purpose, the police did not have a clue how to control a crowd and there will have been many policemen that this will have affected for the rest of their lives - they are only human and were accepting orders from someone who they thought knew what they were doing.
The deliberate falsifying of evidence and statements is unforgivable though, especially from people who are expected to be above corruption.
Absolutly agree with this.. ^^

Must say I found the singing and chanting distasteful though..
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 09:33 AM

The police are the most corruptible organisation operating in this land.
But....don't forget that in 1989 the Liverpool football club fans had attracted a reputation for hooliganism and crowd violence and trouble caused by a small minority of their followers and the police on duty on that day in Sheffield had these thoughts at the back of their minds...in other words they were expecting trouble and when the problems began that is what they thought was happening again more trouble being caused by drunken violent football hooligans....and who can blame them ?
I love Liverpool and its wonderful people and I am glad that the families of those 96 victims have at last forced the truth to be told
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 09:37 AM

Finally after all these years the truth is out. The families can breath a sigh of relief that they were finally listened to, it should never have taken this long and good that they kept pushing to be heard. But as someone pointed out is it because now we have such stringent laws on safety and they knew that this was never going to go away.

It makes you wonder how many more cover ups there are?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->

It makes you wonder how many more cover ups there are?
Well theres Kings Cross for a start.

They were warned by sub contractors working on the tube that there were flammable substances incorrectly stored and it was a disaster waiting to happen.

They ignored it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 09:40 AM

I can't believe how long it has taken for an evident truth to come out, those poor families having to endure years and years of lies and obfuscation.

My son was watching the match on TV that day and called me in from the kitchen horrified at the events unfolding, he was an 11 years old then and had enough emotional intelligence to see that people were trapped, distressed and in pain and not exhibiting 'football hooliganism' as some alleged at the time and it seemed to take ages for any help to come.
Why then couldn't others see this why the false reporting.

The police have had years and countless opportunities to hold their hands up and say they behaved inappropriately that day and in so doing sparing the families the prolonged search for the truth.

Of course there was a degree of 'accident' but what was unforgivable to me was the lies and cover up even when the West Midlands were asked to investigate what happened apparently they too took part in the cover up choosing to interview some witnesses but not others .

It is a point of principle for me that those who lied are called to account.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 10:25 AM

Has everyone seen the letter written by Bernard Ingham (remember him - the first of the 'spin doctors'?)
Here it is

Those were different times, weren't they? I, for one, think things are generally much better now. There are small elements of the good old days which I recall with affection but I think rose tinted specs are not the best when looking in the rear view mirror
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 10:53 AM

I can understand the singing outside the court.
The families and relatives had been quiet for two years listening to all the evidence, the Police, the Ambulance service, the Establishment and the SUN newspaper left a lot to be desired, they must have felt so relieved that the truth came out and this was reflected in their singing and Liverpools Anthem.
P.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 10:55 AM

I've just read the letter Dinahsmum.
Its disgusting. and no I dont believe for one minute things are much better. they are far worse.

I have no faith in the police/whoever, and I would hate to be arrested for the least little thing!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top