Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 11:55 PM

Re: David Cameron

Originally Posted by deylon ->
What is David Cameron thinking of ? £ 20 M. to get Muslim women to learn English.?We have people cold, homeless and hungry here ,the NHS is struggling, there are not enough schools,businesses are closing,the rail/underground needs up grading,Yet he wants to spend British tax payers money on a useless project, upsetting Muslims and none Muslims. there are many in this Country who cant speak English, not just Muslims, they do not need to learn it , there is always someone who can translate.especially in government depts.We need to contact D.C and our local MPS, this is an outrage ,a smack in the face for Brits and Muslims alike

I said more or less exactly the same to my wife when I saw it on the news. Better to give it to the steel men about to loose their jobs through no fault of their own. Or even use it to help pay off the national debt he is always complaining about
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 12:00 AM

The man is an idiot, knows sweet FA about the way the World operates, these women only do what their men tell them. All this will do is raise more problems, but the the party of confrontation would rather like that, keep voting for them!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
The man is an idiot, knows sweet FA about the way the World operates, these women only do what their men tell them. All this will do is raise more problems, but the the party of confrontation would rather like that, keep voting for them!

Normally my views on politics could possible not be further away than yours. In this case I have to agree with you
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 12:05 AM

I'm with DC on this one. However, as a TEFL teacher I took part in an initiative 15 years ago with the aim of teaching women of other languages to speak English. The Indian women loved the classes and almost took over! Women from Iraq and Iran attended and enjoyed the classes as did Thai women but we failed miserably when it came to Muslim women from Pakistani families. My supervisor said they were discouraged by males within the family from attending. It is vitally important that women who come here to live speak English so that they can access health services for women such as smear tests, mammograms, ante-natal care and help for those who suffer violence. We must help them to break out of isolation: if they don't come to us we must go to them, teaching in non-threatening venues. It will be money well spent if they can then access meaningful employment, and feel the self worth that comes from being a 'full citizen', proud to be British. What is more, with newcomers coming here to live to join spouses they should be encouraged to learn our language.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Normally my views on politics could possible not be further away than yours. In this case I have to agree with you
Thank you for the vote of confidence, but I really don't care what you think.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 09:40 PM

I agree Country girl everyone should speak the language of the Country they live in , but spending all this money on one group of people is wrong, there are several immigrants in this Country who cant speak English, not all are Muslims.There are many people here who could benefit better from this money,there is already help for those who wish to learn,most of the men can speak English and there are interprtations [ as mentioned] in many places to help them , also children often help their parents
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

19-01-2016, 09:55 PM

Of course when the British Raj ran India for what 250 years, we learnt their languages and respected their traditions did we not?
There were and indeed, still are, other parts of the World that the same criteria could be applied to.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 09:56 PM

How are you going to get past the men to teach the women who aren't allowed out???
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

19-01-2016, 10:02 PM

Shoot the buggers, UKIP will show you how, mind you I'm not sure they know which end the bullets come out of.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 10:02 PM

Didn`t Cameron go to a posh school?-What is the Latin for I am a tosser?-But if we shout loud enough

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top