Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 06:46 PM

Re: What next for the little darlings

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Clumsy I just buy what I like and can afford ...some seem to think if they have "designer" stuff it puts them above others....I say what Bullcrap to that!!!
I agree. Only a couple of days ago at our boulevard my friend and I were looking at a handbag in the window of one of the designer shops. Just a normal looking handbag with cut outs of tigers either sewn on or stuck on, sale price 1,080 euros ! Unbelievable.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 07:10 PM

All I remember having at school was an old fashioned brown leather satchel with names of boys or pop stars inked on it and a pump bag I made in the Needlework class.
It's the way they hold the handbag like footballer's wives that makes me laugh! Their arm crooked at the elbow and held straight up with a fist nearly in front of their face!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 07:15 PM

Oh but theyre "laydeees" didnt you know Art? hahahaha makes me crack up!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 07:37 PM

I have carried mine like that for donkeys years, easier when you have a dog lead in each hand. I like to think I started the fashion
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 07:47 PM

I only carry a small bag over my elbow if my knuckles are playing up. For this reason I use a backpack mostly.

Agree, ban designer wear.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 08:07 PM

When my youngest was at school, left five years ago, we found the folders and especially the Art sketch pad was too large to fit in a back pack type bag. As they had to be carried the whole day from class to class, lockers not big enough, the answer was a carrier bag, which soon had to be replaced. Luckily a shop in Bristol gave large canvas bags free with purchases so that was solved.
The girl on the TV interview was quite right to say she needed a bigger bag and the one shown was ideal. Backpacks are known to be bad for children's backs, especially when heavily loaded and to even up the weight by putting some things, especially larger, heavier items in another bag is sensible. The only problem I can see is that the bags were very expensive which makes them not suitable for school use.
Perhaps the parents could use their common sense and buy cheaper ones the same size.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 08:25 PM

What is the matter with some parents these days, allowing children to take expensive items to school ? Plain common sense thats asking for trouble. OOPS... I forgot, common sense doesnt exist any more ,silly me
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 08:49 PM

Now they need to ban Mobiles/IPads and anything else that will detract the little rods from doin' wot they are supposed to be doin'.

Learnin' like, just wot I did!

If I had my way I would sing this to all the kids in class, and
let them think about it for a bit!

"Swinging On A Star"

Would you like to swing on a star?
Carry moonbeams home in a jar?
And be better off than you are?
Or would you rather be a mule?

A mule is an animal with long, funny ears
He kicks up at anything he hears
His back is brawny and his brain is weak
He's just plain stupid with a stubborn streak
And, by the way, if you hate to go to school
You may grow up to be a mule

Or would you like to swing on a star?
Carry moonbeams home in a jar?
And be better off than you are?
Or would you rather be a pig?

A pig is an animal with dirt on his face
His shoes are a terrible disgrace
He's got no manners when he eats his food
He's fat and lazy and extremely rude
But if you don't care a feather or a fig
You may grow up to be a pig

[instrumental-first 3 lines of chorus]
Or would you rather be a fish?

A fish won't do anything but swim in a brook
He can't write his name or read a book
To fool all the people is his only thought
Though he's slippery, he still gets caught
But then if that sort of life is what you wish
You may grow up to be a fish

And all the monkeys aren't in a zoo
Every day you meet quite a few
So you see, it's all up to you
You can be better than you are

You could be swingin' on a star
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
When my youngest was at school, left five years ago, we found the folders and especially the Art sketch pad was too large to fit in a back pack type bag. As they had to be carried the whole day from class to class, lockers not big enough, the answer was a carrier bag, which soon had to be replaced. Luckily a shop in Bristol gave large canvas bags free with purchases so that was solved.
The girl on the TV interview was quite right to say she needed a bigger bag and the one shown was ideal. Backpacks are known to be bad for children's backs, especially when heavily loaded and to even up the weight by putting some things, especially larger, heavier items in another bag is sensible. The only problem I can see is that the bags were very expensive which makes them not suitable for school use.
Perhaps the parents could use their common sense and buy cheaper ones the same size.
Thats where the flaw lies TessA....some parents dont have any common sense anymore so thats no good.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

09-01-2016, 10:17 PM

good song Boozer lol I like that!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top