Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 12:14 PM

Re: Brother can you spare a dime ???

Patsy think of Humphrey Bogart 😀
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 12:35 PM

I do wrestle with this idea.. do I give or don't give. Sometimes I react by impulse and just give. Other times, I see too many a young guys limping play acting their plight and my reactive mind comes into play, so I get turned off by the young strong homeless play acting guy and don't give a dime..

When does one give to the needy ? The Red Cross helps and then reports come out saying that they are running out of money and to please give donations. Then you read that their executive director makes over a half million dollars in salary a year. They can pay the executive director his salary, yet, they don't have money for the needy.

So yeah, its not a perfect world out there. For sure I am no saint. Thus, I know sometimes I will give to the homeless with an open heart, where other times I will not.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Patsy think of Humphrey Bogart 😀
It was in one of Clint Eastwood films, perhaps 'The Good the Bad and the Ugly' spoken by a Mexican bandit played by Eli Wallach.... He said 'Badges ? .... Badges ?... We don't want no stinkin' badges' !!
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 01:10 PM

Best Spegatti western ever made
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 01:15 PM

Almost Malcolm it was the 1948 film THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE starring Humphrey Bogart.
The connection is Brother can you spare a dime.☺
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I do wrestle with this idea.. do I give or don't give. Sometimes I react by impulse and just give. Other times, I see too many a young guys limping play acting their plight and my reactive mind comes into play, so I get turned off by the young strong homeless play acting guy and don't give a dime..

When does one give to the needy ? The Red Cross helps and then reports come out saying that they are running out of money and to please give donations. Then you read that their executive director makes over a half million dollars in salary a year. They can pay the executive director his salary, yet, they don't have money for the needy.

So yeah, its not a perfect world out there. For sure I am no saint. Thus, I know sometimes I will give to the homeless with an open heart, where other times I will not.

You use your judgement as I do
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Almost Malcolm it was the 1948 film THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE starring Humphrey Bogart.
The connection is Brother can you spare a dime.☺

Yes I got that connection a short while ago

As for Eli Wallach, what a fab role he had in that film, played to perfection
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 01:37 PM

Stinkin Badges!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2015, 01:39 PM

Ha ha - very good Aysa
Docholliday
Norfolk UK

19-12-2015, 01:41 PM

Thanks Ays☺

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top