Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 10:10 AM

Re: The Man Who Knew Everything

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
PS sometimes genius means they lack good solid common sense. Or at least that is my experience.
Thats a good point. Did you see the Movir The Rain Man ? It was about an autistic man who had the capacity to memorize and calculate in his head beyond the normal
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I know everything. What was the question again?????
Very good very good... In fact, to know is foolish. Yet, to be a fool is knowledgeable
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 10:30 AM

I remember this from my school-days...

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is an idiot .... shun him
He who knows not and knows that he knowns not is teachable .... teach him
He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep .... wake him
He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man .... follow him
eyes_of_a_painter
n

06-12-2015, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I remember this from my school-days...

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is an idiot .... shun him
He who knows not and knows that he knowns not is teachable .... teach him
He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep .... wake him
He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man .... follow him
Thank you for sharing that, kind sir.

So the premise would then be.. To know or not to know, that is the question.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Never stop learning ? Indeed, that is the case. And as previously stated, the more you know, the less you know. Because each step taken on the ladder of knowledge is an awakening to an understanding and a questioning about what that understanding is all about
So so true. My hobby is photography,to start with all you think is pick up a camera and push the shutter button and you have a picture. How wrong can one be? there is a thousand and one things to learn and more as new technology come onto the market. It all depends on how far one wants to go into a subject which is the restriction.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

06-12-2015, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
So so true. My hobby is photography,to start with all you think is pick up a camera and push the shutter button and you have a picture. How wrong can one be? there is a thousand and one things to learn and more as new technology come onto the market. It all depends on how far one wants to go into a subject which is the restriction.
Photography, now that is a great hobby. When you take a picture a new world and a new reality awakens. So then, the pupil now sees what the master realizes.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 10:49 AM

When I was a teacher, I realised that I learnt more than I taught.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

06-12-2015, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
When I was a teacher, I realised that I learnt more than I taught.
I think its important to acknowledge ones ignorance. Many times in class I remained silent over facts I did not understand. So it pays to be dumb so one can become smarter
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 11:22 AM

I know for starters that there are approx 35,000 species of spiders in the Order Araneae . However what I don't know is their names. Clearly Noah did as he collected them all and put them on his Ark, just for starters. So was he a clever man or a know-all?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 11:35 AM

It must be devastating to know you know everything with nothing left to know. I cannot imagine what that must feel like

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top