Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 12:35 PM

Re: Funny Phone Call

We bought a phone that sorts this out for us and blocks scammers, everyone else has to announce who they are before we press 1 to answer the phone. Works brilliantly.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 01:07 PM

Most of the unsolicited calls are screened out, but the few that do come in, especially if the caller has an Indian accent, I have two favourite ways of answering...

1. This is the Wrexham mortuary. How may I help you?

2. I'm so glad you called. Have you brought Jesus into your life?

Either answer will result in the callers ringing off and annoying somebody else.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 01:12 PM

Something very similar has happened to me, I bought a new pay as you go mobile 3 weeks ago, I kept the same number, but since that day I have at least 3 calls a day from various accident or insurance you name it companies.

I have the land line on Telephone Preference Service and now I have added my mobile, they said could take up to a month though but should start to ease off straight away.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 01:22 PM

Yup I use TPS as well. Unfortunately it does not deter callers from outside the UK.
But for those within the UK I ask the name of the caller and the company they represent before I tell them I am registered with TPS & they are commiting an offence.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 01:24 PM

My hubby if he is on a day off and the phone rings and it is a marketing call loves to wind them up, he will sit on the phone for ages with them telling them loads of rubbish. He lets me know what fun he has had when I get home. So funny.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 08:21 PM

Had another one today [slightly different],picked up phone thinking it was my friend.Supposed to be important message from my bank, I might be eligible for some money,all I need is my bank details ,and press 5 to hear more,needless to say I just put the phone down

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top