Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 07:31 PM

Re: Strange old life innit?

So true Patsy,whats it all about ?My friend and I went to visit an old friend of 95 in a residential home. We both said he didnt look too good today,not so bright and cheery,he seemed a bit upset as we left .He has had postrate Cancer surgery ,now returned,his eyes and hearing are not too good,he kept rubbing his stomach /lower chest as though in pain ,but insisted he was alright.He lost his wife ,then his beloved dog but untill a few years ago he looked after himself at his own home,now, as you say, 'Whats it all about '
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 10:40 PM

Phew, Realist, you post some deep-thunking stuff....

Reincarnation, genetic memory, recycling of souls - it's all there... I cannot believe you really think this way.

???
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2015, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

What is life but a passing moment in which, with one great inhale of breath and gathering of strength we muster the forces of nature and her materials and fashion from them a form which we cling to for as long as our breath and strength permit, before finally relaxing, letting go, and giving that form up to re-join the great chaos of life's building blocks, there to rejuvenate, gird up our strength once more, and do it all over again !

Nice thought !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2015, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
[/B]

Tis true time flies by as you get older,

See ... I don't find that, at least not yet. That must mean I am still young? Yipee!!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-08-2015, 07:34 AM

TIME

Time: the ether in which this universe hangs, cocooned,
burgeoning, waiting … for what? Armageddon or a new awakening?

Time: a stone tablet, an engraved ‘in memoriam’ marking the passage of days, decades, eons, ad infinitum.

Time: the unwritten page in a diary. Passed the beginning but, hopefully, a long way from the end.

Time: a Frankenstein creation that laughs in the face of it’s makers, and governs their dance on the thin ice of life.

Time: a cloud that cannot be caught and analysed, the entity for which there is no one pure and perfect definition.

Time: a myth, a phoenix rising from the ashes of imagination.

Time … does not exist!

Silver Tabby
12th August, 2015
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2015, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
It is!!
It's really dragging for me at present as I'm getting over surgery and can't/not allowed to do anything.
It's hard not to feel sorry for yourself at times, I guess the secret is to keep occupied.
Hugs ... it will get better and better

on the other hand, there is always the thought that perception is reality
Originally Posted by susan m ->
I often wonder what it's all about !!!!
Alfie knows the answer
Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Good one Patsy😀
Aaaarrrrgh ! now I've got the song in my head again dammit !
A certain person is often heard whisting iit and then we're stuck with it for ages

Thanx a bunch
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2015, 09:53 AM

Thanks for that kind message Rachel, yes I know it, just had an off day yesterday and was feeling a bit down. I hate myself when I'm like that!
Onwards and upwards!! (if you see what I mean!)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2015, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
See ... I don't find that, at least not yet. That must mean I am still young? Yipee!!!
Made me laugh - good for you gal
Even though I'm stuck in this flat - time still flies by

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Hugs ... it will get better and better

on the other hand, there is always the thought that perception is reality

Aaaarrrrgh ! now I've got the song in my head again dammit !A certain person is often heard whisting iit and then we're stuck with it for ages

Thanx a bunch
Well at least its a good un Rachel - could have been 'On the good ship lollipop' - now that would drive you barmy

Ooo - I haven't done it again - have I
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2015, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
So true Patsy,whats it all about ?My friend and I went to visit an old friend of 95 in a residential home. We both said he didnt look too good today,not so bright and cheery,he seemed a bit upset as we left .He has had postrate Cancer surgery ,now returned,his eyes and hearing are not too good,he kept rubbing his stomach /lower chest as though in pain ,but insisted he was alright.He lost his wife ,then his beloved dog but untill a few years ago he looked after himself at his own home,now, as you say, 'Whats it all about '
Coincidence - I was going to message you today to see how things were going with your pal - sorry to hear he is worse
I understand how you are feeling x
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2015, 10:00 AM

Well at least its a good un Rachel - could have been 'On the good ship lollipop' - now that would drive you barmy

Ooo - I haven't done it again - have I
*sends sharp slap*

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top