Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 09:43 AM

Re: your earliest memory's

I still remember a nightmare when I was.......fairly young.....but can't remember how old I was. Must have been between 3 and 4.
I don't think it matters anymore.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 11:19 AM

I remember when I was 2, on the 31st. Jan 1953, hearing of the sinking of the 'Princess Victoria' sailing from Stranraer to Larne. I remember it was a very stormy day and my father taking me to see the waves breaking along the shore.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 12:18 PM

I'm afraid I have always had a memory block and can remember nothing before about 11 years old.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 11:08 PM

I can remember sitting in my highchair and having a strop about something and my Mum giving me a little china dog off the mantelpiece. I was in such a paddy that I flung it into the fireplace and a small chunk broke off. I've kept it ever since and many years later found a duplicate in an antiques fair. They've both lived together on the dresser ever since. How old would I have been to be in a highchair? About 1?

Can also remember being carried down into the air raid shelter in next doors cellar and seeing searchlights in the sky while they bombed Swansea. That was, I think, in 1941, so I'd have been 2.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 11:31 PM

I remember staying at my nan & grandads house some weekends, and when we were put to bed, I used to ask Nan to leave the gas lamps on low, because I didn't like the dark.

I also remember Grandad's cuckoo clock, and seeing him pull the long chains to wind it. I used to love to watch the cuckoo pop out.

I remember my horrid brother ruining my fantasies about father christmas coming, when he showed me dad's father christmas outfit hidden away.

I also remember creeping inside the hen house and dad's cockerel standing there and not letting me out again. I was crying my eyes out!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 05:35 AM

A pet Jackdaw (Jackie) that my father rescued it was still wild but hung around for years and could pronounce the odd word.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
A pet Jackdaw (Jackie) that my father rescued it was still wild but hung around for years and could pronounce the odd word.
We had one where we lived before, someone had brought him up & then set him free. He called himself Jacky. Poor, poor Jacky he'd mutter at night as he roosted in the ledge above our bedroom window. Outside that is. We used to shout, go to sleep Jacky.
He was a pain, if you were hanging out the washing he'd come up behind you & pull all the pegs off. He delighted in ambushing you as you walked passed the hedge in the back garden, silently he'd land on your shoulder then cackle with laughter when you jumped. He said quite a lot of woords, but luckily he didn't swear. My kids, then very young thought he was great. One day he tried his luck once to often on a cat & it killed him. We were all very sad & all the neighbours & us had a proper funeral for him. We buried him on the green area in the flower bed in our road.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 03:47 PM

My first two distinct memories were both in my pram. I remember being left out in the 'back garden' (what they called it, but it was an overgrown bit of a bomb site), and being thoroughly bored!
The second memory was lying down in my pram which had some sort of waterproof cover over my body. My mother lifted the cover, and rammed a French loaf up the length of my body - it hurt..!!! She put it there to keep it dry.

In my subconscious mind, I can still hear the drone of German bombers as they flew across Liverpool; I can't remember the sounds of the bombs. I do remember the horrible sound of the sirens - to this day, that noise fills me with fear and dread.

At the age of just over three, I found some fish lying in an alleyway. I touched one, and it started flipping. I ran home screaming.

I remember my first day at school. The teacher was very sweet, and showed me to my desk. She gave me a lump of Plastercine to play with - it was a sort of purple yucky colour, made up of all different colours.

From then on, my memories are many; I am fortunate.

Now, ask me what I had for tea last night..... I cannot remember!
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 04:21 PM

My earliest memory is of playing in the garden with our dog which was a beautiful gentle Alsation at the time . I can also distinctly remember lots of lupins in the garden, and I don't know why but I really dislike them now
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 07:48 PM

I was about two years old ,I was sitting in my pram , being pushed by my sister, my brother walking beside her, we were near home, it started raining so my sister stopped the pram, my brother pulled up the hood and put the apron on the pram. I can remember it clearly in my mind, I think we'd been to the shops

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top